Chapter 8 - Girls Night Talk

Elix's POV:

I went home. Not to her unit but mine. Maybe this is for the best. Does she need space? I'll give it to her. What does she think of herself, an astronaut? Naiinis ako sa kanya. Hanggang ngayon I felt her insult! It's eating me alive! I'm so mad! Am I not beautiful to feel this way? Bakit di niya makita yung ako? And to think na may nangyari sa amin the first day we met after her treatment. Ano to? Pinamumuka niya ba sa akin na hindi niya ko kayang magustuhan? 'Ughhhhhhhhhhh' I'm so fucking mad!

I need to relax. I was holding wine while I'm in my bathtub. So relaxing. Maya maya ay tumunog ang cellphone ko na nakapatong sa gilid.

"Hey, where are you?" boses ng bestfriend ko sa kabilang linya.

"Shayne?"

"Yes, it's me. I'm seeing your wife at the bar where I am now. Where are you at?"

I rolled my eyes nang marinig ko yun.

"Nasa unit ako." binaliwala ko ang sinabi niya na nakita niya si Rielle. 'The hell I care.'

"Your unit?"

"Ah-huh" I sipped my wine while confirming to her.

"What the hell is going on? She's kissing a slut! Com'on." I hear her with disgust.

'Ewww' She just kissed me earlier. So gross! That damn woman is really giving me a headache!

"Whatever Shayne! I don't give a damn."

"I know that voice!" she chuckled na parang nang-aasar.

"What?"

"You're mad. I knew it!" natawa pa ito. "Okay, I'm on my way!"

After thirty minutes I heard my doorbell ring. Katatapos ko lang din maligo at mag-ayos ng sarili para matulog na sana but off course my bff is here. When everything is not going well she's always there for me. How lucky I am to have her. Honestly.

"Surprised!" There she was, holding a plastic galing sa convenience store. May dala dala itong mga alak. Pagkakita ko ay mga long neck pa with juice powders.

"You know I still have work tomorrow and you brought hard drinks?!"

"Exactly! To rescue you from hurting!" she winked at me, and so I rolled my eyes pagkasabi niya noon. Kilalang kilala talaga ko nito. Dahil mga bata pa lamang kami nila Lexa ay kaibigan ko na ito. We've been classmates from high school in France. Pero mula noon siya lang talaga ang kasa-kasama ko hanggang sa ngayon. I'm so thankful that she's always by my side through ups and downs.

We sat down sa floor at nakasandal sa sofa. That's how we bond, pag may problema ang isa, dadamayan ang isa to lift each other up. Ganun naman talaga pag true friend.

We started to drink the liquor she brought.

"So tell me, why is your wife out there flirting with sluts?" habang inaabot ang tagay niya sa akin at yung chaser.

"That's what she wants." kibit balikat kong sagot.

"And you just let her do that? Why?" gulat pa nitong tanong.

"I don't know. She asked me if she could do flings."

"Com'on! You should have disagreed."

"I c-can't. I j-just can't!" Nalungkot ako nang maisip yung tanong niya kanina. I just felt my tears fall down.

"Didn't you tell her?"

"What should I tell her?"

"That you fell for her, that's why you broke up with Greg, right?"

Nanahimik ako. Yeah, that's true. I started to feel something the moment I saw her personally. How could I not fall for her, she's a true beauty. Kahit sa maikling panahon naming magkasama she only showed me respect kahit sobrang lungkot ko. I know she wants to do the thing with me thinking I was Lexa but she didn't, until the bathroom incident na muntik nang may mangyari sa amin. I was scared at that time but I could let her use my body kung hindi lang sa takot ko na malaman niya agad ang katotohanan noon dahil I'm still a virgin. But still after that, she respected me. She's sweet and kind. She's soft from the inside.

"How, Shayne?" I asked her like I was too desperate to know how I would do that.

"Just be yourself bes." I heard her sigh and looked at me with her worried eyes.

"I'm doing my best. She asked me for a space. Kaya ako umuwi dito sa unit. I don't know what else to do."

Maya maya pa ay naramdaman ko na lang ang pagyakap ng bestfriend ko sa akin. Hinahaplos nito ang likod ko. So comforting. Mabuti nalang at meron akong matalik na kaibigan.

"Bes, you're just hurting yourself."

"I don't have a choice, I tried to tell her that I like her. But guess what, she said she needs space. Then what's next? She asked me if she could have flings. That hurts."

"What's your plan?"

"Nothing. Just give her what she wants, maybe."

Niyakap ako ulit nito ng mahigpit.

Natapos ang session namin ni Shayne nang madaling araw na. I just let her sleep in my unit tulad ng nakagawian namen when we are having girls night talk. Hindi rin ako nakapasok kinabukasan dahil sa hangover. I just cried and leaned on her shoulder dahil siya lang yung pwede kong sandalan. Masakit pa din yung nararamdaman ko tuwing maaalala ko yung sinabi niyang may kahalikang iba si Rielle.

Napasapo ako sa ulo ko nang maramdaman ko ang sakit ng ulo ko.

"45 minutes and our meal is on the way." sabi ni Shayne nang nagising na ito at lumabas sa room.

Nasa sofa ako that time para magmuni-muni but hangover sucks!

"What did you buy?"

"Beef mami. Good for us."

After our meal. We are here again nakatulala lang sa isa't-isa.

"Shayne, panget ba ko?" tanong ko habang nakatulala sa kawalan.

"What are you talking about?" lumapit ito sa harapan ko at umupo nang pa-indian seat sa sofa kaharap ako. "Bes, you know what. If it's not because you're my b-best friend, I will pursue you. Swear! A-and if you're not a stand-in wife, who knows.." seryoso nitong sabi.

"There's no problem with your appearance. Look, you're too gorgeous, sexy and hot. You're even rich and a business woman. What else could someone ask for?"

"But why am I feeling like this? I'm so down. Bakit di ako makita ni Rielle?" pagmamaktol ko sa harapan niya.

"Well, in that case.... Ahmmmm, I don't think she's not affected by your beauty bes! I think she's just ignoring you because you're like Lexa. You k-know. Like moving on stage."

Nalungkot na naman ako nang marinig ko ang pangalan ng kapatid ko. How I miss her. Kung sana lang andito siya mabibigyan niya ko ng payo. Kaso malabo din pala dahil wala ako sa sitwasyong ito kung di rin dahil sa pagkawala niya.

Napahilamos ako ng mukha, feeling so stressed.

"You know bes, com'on let's get ready and have a makeover. You need a new look. It's time to refresh and seduce Rielle after!"

Napatingin ako sa kanya. That's a good idea. Well the first part of what she said, not the last part.

"Why not!" nabuhayan ako sa idea niya. Kaya wala na kong sinayang na oras. I have to do it while I'm not busy.