Chapter 45 - Hot-Air Balloon

Rielle's POV:

"Where are we going now?" tanong sa aking ni Elix habang akay akay ko siya sa palabas ng sasakyan. "Hon, baka matumba ako." sambit pa niya dahil piniringan ko ang mata niya para sa isa ko na namang sorpresa para sa kanya.

Pagkatapos namin sa bar ay dumiretcho kami sa isang hotel malapit sa place ng next naming pupuntahan sa kinahapunan. She's surprised bakit daw hindi kami umuwi kaya naman sinabi ko sa kanya na we have another plan for tomorrow at eto na nga ang araw na iyon.

"Don't worry, I'm here. Just follow my lead and you'll be fine." pag-alalay ko habang naglalakad na kami papasok sa festival ground. Inabot ko ang tickets na naorder ko online sa ticketing area at saka kami nilagyan ng wristband for entry. Napangiti rin si ate na naglagay sa amin dahil napansin niyang nakapiring ang kasama ko.

"Enjoy po ma'am, mukhang sosorpresahin nyo po si ma'am ah." nakangiti nitong sabi.

Nginitian ko naman ito, "She deserves it." sagot ko nang maramdaman kong kumapit sa akin si Elix ng mahigpit.

"Are you ready?" hinawakan ko ang dalawa niyang balikat mula sa kanyang likuran.

"I think so, yeah?"

"Here you go." I removed the hanky from her eyes at saka siya dumilat ng marahan. Nang makita niya ang paligid niya ay inilagay niya ang dalawa niyang kamay sa kanyang mukha. Her eyes are full of joy na meron pang nangingilid na luha.

"Oh my god, hon. I can't explain what I'm feeling right now." humakbang pa siya pa abante para pagmasdan ang mga hot air balloons na nasa itaas namin. "Oh god! They're beautiful, are we going to ride there?" she exclaimed, her heart fluttering with joy.

"Of course baby. I told you, a lifetime of adventures together."

"You planned all of this?" hindi makapaniwala niyang saad na punong puno ng saya. I've never seen her this happy.

I nodded, a bashful smile playing on my lips. "I wanted to surprise you with something special, something that would take our love to new heights."

Her eyes are still sparkling with happiness, excited niya pa akong hinila para masilayan yung mga hot air balloons na papataas pa lamang. We're looking at the people who are climbing to the basket and she's so amazed by the idea of them riding it.

"Are you ready to fly?" I asked.

"Up, up and away?" she giggled.

"Niloloko mo ko hon, that's supergirl and superman."

"Feels like it." she winked at me at ngumiting muli.

We walked closer to kuya na naga-aasist sa mga sumakay at saka niya kami inayang sumakay na. After we gave him our tickets, we climbed to the basket at saka niya niya diniscuss ang specific guidelines or rules kapag pumaitaas na ang hot air balloon.

The balloon gently lifted off the ground, carrying us into the pastel-painted sky. As we soared above the landscape, Looking at my wife, she couldn't help but marvel at the breathtaking view. I can't help but to hug her from behind and my chin is on her shoulder, we shared laughter and whispered words while enjoying this moment.

"Let's take a photo, hon." Elix positioned herself next to me, our fingers interlaced, as we leaned against the edge of the hot air balloon's basket. The vibrant hues of the sunset painted the sky in a mesmerizing palette, casting a warm glow over us. The wind tousled our hair as she expertly framed the shot, making sure to include the expansive landscape and the colorful balloon in the background. "Okay, ready?" she grinned, her heart swelling with happiness.

I nodded, my eyes reflecting the joy of the moment. "Absolutely ready."

As she captured the photo, I felt a surge of gratitude for the love we shared and the incredible adventure we were experiencing together. The click of the camera echoed the promise of a memory frozen in time—a snapshot of our happiness suspended high above the world.

With the photo saved in my wife's phone, we exchanged a tender kiss, sealing the magic of the hot air balloon ride in our hearts.

"I'll make this my profile pic on my phone." she said.

"My turn babe." I raised my phone in front of us to take a selfie. And there, one click we had another sweet photo would forever be a reminder of our love soaring to new heights, captured in a sky painted with the hues of a shared journey.

After taking pictures, she faced me and wrapped her arms around my nape. "I don't know what I have done to deserve someone like you." habang nakatitig siya sa mga mata ko.

I leaned my forehead to her, "I was the one who should have asked that babe. Knowing that someone like Paris Elix Sinclair fell in love with someone like me. Wala na akong mahihiling pa. You're all I want, baby. Don't ever leave me. I don't know what I would do if you would ever leave me."

"I won't baby. I'm all yours and will always be by your side no matter what. I'm not going anywhere." She pulled me to kiss her lips. It was so tender and soft. "I love you Rielle."

"I love you too, more than words can express." pagtugon ko at saka ko siya niyakap ng sobrang higpit. I really really love this girl, I want to make a lot of memories with her and only her.

Tumagal pa kami ng ilang minuto sa itaas at inenjoy naming dalawa ang magagandang tanawin na nasa ibaba namin. We are fascinated by what we see and enjoy everything from above. Hanggang sa bumaba na sinasakyan naming hot air balloon.

"Did you enjoy it?" I asked her.

"Of course, hon. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I love you so much." at hinalikan niya ulit ako sa labi pero peck kiss lang yun. Niyakap ko siyang muli ng mahigpit at hinalikan sa noo.

"Let's go, time to take a bite. Where do you want to eat?" tanong ko.

"Hmmmm, I want KFC, hon."

"Elix Sinclair eating fast food? When did you learn to eat that?"

"Supernova ordered once and the chicken is finger lickin' good. I love it."

I raised my eyebrows nang hindi makapaniwala. Nagpa-fast food pala ang batang yun. "Really?"

"Yeah, that's her favorite."

"How did you know?"

"She told me. Let's go and let's find KFC, please." she pouted.

"Alright, let's find KFC then." We held each other's hand and walked towards the exit.