Chapter 16 - Confession

Elix's POV:

Pagbalik namin sa table, they are still drinking and laughing. I saw Shayne looks so wasted and keeps on talking to them. Agad naman akong umupo sa inupuan namin kanina.

"Hon, do you want anything to eat?" It was Rielle who asked me.

"Anything will do." nginitian ko naman ito.

"Ate Shayne *hik, mali yun! If you love someone you need to tell that person how much you love her or whoever you prefer. *hik Life is short!" maya maya ay sambit ni Natalie, so it's all about love talks huh.

"O-of course not! *hik, you will feel it when that someone is into you. What if they're not? *hik, That doesn't make any sense at all! You will humiliate yourself, duh! *hik." Shayne replied at saka itinaas ang tagay bago ininom.

"At least you tried! Kesa magsisi ka sa huli and will live with your so called 'what ifs', *hik, right ate Elix?" saad naman ni Aliyah na nakatingin sakin.

I just smiled at her thinking of what I would say. "Well, it depends." napakibit na lang ako ng balikat. I really don't know since I'm not even trapped in that situation before. "Perhaps confessing one's feelings isn't as difficult, but I understand that it might be easier for me personally. I don't perceive any issue with someone choosing to keep their emotions to themselves; it's a way of self-protection, after all" I added.

"See????? *hik That's my best friend. We're on the same side!" Shayne tapped my shoulder as she spoke.

"Grabe nakakadugo kayo ng ilong mga 'te." sabi naman ni Ara. Tsaka naman nag sitawanan yung iba.

"Matanong lang namen ate Elix, you and ate Rielle is married right?" si Natalie, "Who confessed first?" pinanlamigan ako sa tanong niya. I don't know how to answer that. Shit somebody help me, please. All I know is that, pagkauwi ko ng Pilipinas I'm already married and should act as a married business woman.

"I confessed first." oh thanks god, Rielle answered for me while smiling and looking at me.

Nagsigawan naman sila ng 'yieeeeh' at parang kinikilig pa sila.

"Mind sharing with us Rielle when you confessed to your wife?" tanong naman ni Nia.

"I didn't waste any time in expressing my feelings to her. As I had heard before, life is too short, and that's absolutely true and proven. Our personalities are a great match, and we share almost everything in common, except for our life circumstances. However, that doesn't mean we don't complement each other. When I realized that I'm in love with her I told her. It happened so fast but by that time we were already feeling the same thing."

The way she put it makes me wonder why they ended up getting married. Lexa has always been so down-to-earth, and maybe that's why Rielle mentioned that their personalities are compatible.

Ako kaya? I can't help but wonder what she thinks of me. I'm feeling quite excluded. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I have to endure everything she says, even though I know I'm not the one she's referring to. Who am I, anyway? I'm just her stand-in wife, here to fulfill my sister's role. She may like me, yes I feel it, but she never truly loves me. Maybe not yet.

Sigh.

"What kind of life circumstances ate Rielle? If you don't mind? *hik", Aliyah asked.

"Hmmm, let's just say our social status doesn't quite match up. My wife is an RK, while I'm just an average person leading a normal life like everyone else." she said.

That's undeniably true, but I won't dwell on it. Lexa might share the same perspective because she prefers a low profile, unlike me. I met Rielle, and she already had a reputation, and Lexa was the reason behind it. What does that say about me, though? I couldn't care less, and maybe I don't care too much. As long as I lead a happy life, it doesn't bother me unless everything takes a turn for the worse. I don't know how I'd react then. I hate complications, especially since I've already been through one of the worst scenarios where I unintentionally hurt her.