Chapter 17 - Bad Guy

Rielle's POV:

I was waiting for Elix at the office but she's still not here when I heard my phone ring.

"Ma'am we have a problem.." sabi sa kabilang linya. He was a private investigator that I hired recently.

"What is it Mr. Anderson?" I'm curious.

"We have uncovered some interesting leads. It appears that Greg may have been involved in unauthorized access to your wife's Insurance Company's data."

"Unauthorized access? That sounds serious. What kind of information are we talking about here?"

"It does indeed. We suspect that sensitive customer data, including personal and financial information, may have been accessed and potentially compromised. The breach appears to be significant, and our focus is on determining the extent of the damage and gathering evidence."

"That's really concerning. What can you tell me about Greg's involvement so far?"

"Based on our initial findings, it appears that Greg had knowledge of cybersecurity and the inner workings of Elix's systems. We've also traced some unusual online activity to him, which suggests he might have been the one who breached their security measures."

"I never knew he had that kind of knowledge. Interesting."

"Our primary goal is to gather sufficient evidence to establish a connection between Greg and the data breach. We've also been monitoring his online presence and contacts to see if he's attempting to exploit or sell the stolen data."

"Thank you for the update Mr. Anderson. I'll take it from here."

That son of a bitch! How can he do that to Elix. How pathetic. I started monitoring his actions after I witnessed how he forced Elix to talk to him. Sadyang hindi lang maganda ang nararamdaman ko sa lalaking yon. I don't know why but I sensed it after that incident.

And now that I know that he's been doing something nasty, I have to do something before he ruins Elix's company. Thanks to my wife, she is the reason for everything I possess, and she's transformed my life in ways I never imagined. Because of her, I've been living so different from what I have been before. I owe her this big time and I will not let her sister's hard work go to waste.

What's the sense of being a multimillionaire, right? Now I have work to do and I have to end this once and for all.

I get my phone and dial a number.

"Hey, Elle! Long time no see, what's up?" I heard Nick's voice on the other line. He's a friend of mine from my OJT before I graduated from my university. So lucky that this guy is a tech savvy or I should say high intellectual individual who's a psycho when it comes to tech.

"Buddy, I need help." when I answered him.

"Oh... At last! Ang isang Rielle Santillan nangangailangan ng tulong ngayon? How surprising?" tumatawa nitong saad.

'It's just a piece of cake for you. Meet me somewhere, I will send you the address."

"Alrighty! I'll do anything for you babyyyy!" maimagine ko lang ang mukha nito ay nakikita ko na ang parang bata itong tuwang tuwa. He's like a kid na natrapped sa katawan ng adult guy. Madali itong matuwa lalo na pag may nakaka-appreciate ng mga ginagawa niyang programs. As her colleague before, I'm so amazed by his knowledge. Tiuruan niya din akong mga basic kaya kami close. He's a smart ass, that's the only thing I knew.

I scheduled him to meet me in a restaurant na malayo sa city where I work. Ilang saglit lang ay nakita ko na itong palapit sa table na kinauupuan ko.

"Elle!!!!! I miss you na!" excited siyang umupo pagkatapos niya kong yakapin na parang bata. Di pa din talaga nagbabago ang batang ito.

"Miss ka jan, sit there and eat first!" sabi ko sa kanya.

"Sissy, anong meron at napakaformal mo yata." He looked at me and nanlaki pa ang mata nito. "Oh my... you look so expensive" he pouted like a child. "Look at you, wearing a white blouse with a tie!" at ngumiti ng sobrang lapad na hindi pa rin napapatid ang pagtingin niya sa akin.

"Tumigil ka Nick. Ako pa rin to. Nagbago lang ng konti ang status."

"Wow, how so?" tinitigan naman ako nitong nakangiti pa rin.

"It's a long story. Kumain ka na lang muna jan. Let me know once you're ready I have a sideline for you." I winked at him saka naman binuksan ang laptop ko to work some other things.

"I'm eating, you can tell me now."

"Wait right there." I gesture my pointed finger to my lips so he would shut his mouth for a moment. I'm calling my secretary to cancel my other appointment this afternoon. After non ay pinatay ko agad and phone ko. I typed in my computer and showed him Greg's picture.

"You see this man?" looking at him while eating his sandwich tsaka naman siya tumango. "I want you to get his phone's data. Once we get all of it, delete everything. Walang labis walang kulang. Is that doable?" I asked for confirmation.

Tumingin ito sa taas ng restaurant like he was thinking. May pagkunot pa ng kilay habang kumakain at samahan mo pa ng poker face at saka muli akong tiningnan. "Why?"

"He's an asshole. He will ruin my wife's company. Before he does that, I want to ruin him first."

"So you want him to still ruin your wife? I can't believe you!" parang batang sinabihan ako.

"Why do you have any suggestions?"

"Of Course! I'm a smart and good looking guy! What are you!" Napangiti ako ng malapad when he said that.

"I'm listening!"

"I still can't tell you but.."

"But?"

"Wait for the verdict tonight." he winked at me. "You're using the same email right? Make a new one now before we split ways. I'll send it there."

Ginawa ko naman ang sinabi niya tsaka ko ibinigay sa kanya agad.

"I'll send you an email and that will be our way of communication for now. After all this, deactivate the new email and done! Easy-peasy."

"Okay, what about the price?"

"Price?" nagtataka nitong tanong.

"Tell me your price. It's a sideline."

"Ah... You know my price! Bigyan mo ko chicks."

"Okay, give me your address, I'll pay a chick for you." I smirked at him. "By the way, what do you want? Single mom, sugar mom, or just a hot chick?"

"What the hell Elle! I trust your taste! Don't let me down. I'd better go and do the work at ikaw be careful!"

I just saluted as he walked away.

I stayed there for an hour while scrolling my phone. I'm thinking of calling Elix. Pumasok kaya ito, she didn't text or call me, leaving me in the dark about her whereabouts. I sincerely hoped everything was going smoothly for her. Isipin ko pa lang na maaaring mawala ang lahat ng pinagpaguran niya sa Insurance company niya, kumukulo lalo ang dugo ko sa lalaking yun na ex niya. Why was he still clinging to her, even though they had broken up a year ago? Was this the reason he couldn't move on? The woman he was pursuing was now mine, and I was determined to claim her as my own. Our arrangement didn't matter to me; I wanted her exclusively, and I wouldn't allow anyone else to have her.

Madami nang nangyari, I just can't deny the fact that I already fell for her. Bakit nga ba? Is it because of the intimate relationship that we have? Absolutely not. Thinking about someone might steal her keeps my rage up. I don't want someone to touch her the way that I do. I don't want her to be with anyone else but me. I want her mine.

Our little charade had to come to an end. I longed for something real this time, something not tainted by our past. I wanted to be a significant part of her life, not just an occasional disruptor. I knew that Lexa didn't envision this kind of relationship for us. She wanted her sister and me to be happy, and I shared that desire. But this time, I wanted to create that happiness, to build new memories that would take our relationship to the next level.

I have to make things better. I want to talk to her about it.