Chapter 24

Marima, Charlotte's best friend, is about to get married, marking a significant moment in their lives. After spending five years away from Thailand, Charlotte is returning to participate in the wedding. Both Charlotte and Nudee, have been invited to join in the celebration.  A few days before their trip, Charlotte and Nudee decided to have some fun as both of them exhausted with their works. They went to a club together to relax and take a break from their busy lives.

In the vibrant atmosphere of the club, Nudee and Char entered, immersing themselves in the lively music and cheerful ambiance. As the night unfolded, they relaxed with music and drinks. Amidst the laughter and melodies, Nudee couldn't help but focus her attention on Char, her best friend of the past few years. Observing Char's passionate dance moves, an unfamiliar emotion settled in Nudee's heart. This sentiment had been quietly growing inside her for some time. Each time Char went on a date, Nudee found herself secretly wishing for the date's failure. She couldn't shake off the twinge of jealousy she felt towards the men Char went out with. This was an entirely new feeling for Nudee, unlike anything she had experienced before.

As the night deepened and the music throbbed, Nudee mustered the courage, emboldened by the liberating effects of alcohol.

Nudee (leaning in, her voice shaky): "Char, there's something I need to tell you. Promise you won't get mad."

Charlotte (playfully): "What is it, what have you been up to, Nudee? Go ahead, spill it."

Taking a deep breath, Nudee steadied herself with another sip of wine, her eyes reflecting a mix of fear and hope.

Nudee (determined): "Char, I have these feelings... I'm not sure what they are, but whenever you're with me, I feel like I'm over the moon. It's more than friendship, but I can't put it into words."

Char was momentarily surprised, her usual confidence faltering. She pondered Nudee's words, grasping the depth of her emotions.

As the night wore on, fueled by alcohol and an unspoken connection, their conversation deepened. Nudee's vulnerability tugged at Char's heartstrings. In a moment of abandon, their touches lingered, leading to a passionate embrace. The night took an unexpected turn, blurring the lines between friendship and something more.

The following morning, Char woke up first at Nudee's apartment. She immediately remembered previous night, and her mind clouded with confusion and regret. Glancing at Nudee, a mix of emotions flooded her. A pang of guilt gained at her conscience. The memory of the previous night weighed heavily on Char.

Charlotte (whispering to herself): "Why did I let that happen..."

As she getting heavy on her heart her mind was reflect Engfa. The first ever woman she loved, the first ever woman who broke her heart into pieces and the first ever woman who give her a butterflies in her stomach even remembering the name. Nudee is the only sister of that woman and last night she slept with her. The mere thought of Engfa, a name from the past, sent a wave of panic through Char.

Nudee began to stir, her eyes meeting Char's, and the reality of their situation crashed over them like a wave. Both women were left in a state of quiet desperation, uncertain of how to move forward.

Charlotte (hesitant): "Nudee, we need to talk."

Nudee (softly): "I know... Honestly, I don't regret what happened between us. It only confirmed my feelings for you."

Charlotte (voice trembling): "I can't, Nudee. You're my best friend, and I don't want to complicate things."

Nudee (earnestly): "But I like you, Char. It's been a long time, and every day I find myself liking you more."