Love Again

This day was supposed to be her happiest day, she thought of doing this before but not with Max, but with someone who holds her heart dearly, and up until this day he still is.

Adeline looked at the mirror for the last time, she was wearing the most expensive white dress that flows freely behind her. She was holding a bouquet of white tulips; her hair was done in an updo. She thought she looked beautiful, but this dress isn't her.

After a while, she heard her door opened.

"Dad.", she said, turning towards him, presenting herself.

Antoine looked at her daughter, his mouth slowly parted and his eyes starting to well up with tears, "Princess.", he said as he walked up to her and hugged her.

Antoine led Adeline towards their car that would take them to the venue where her wedding will take place. Upon arriving there, Antoine led Adeline towards the closed door.

"Adeline.", Antoine said, Adeline turned to her.

Antoine saw his daughter's eyes bore no satisfaction and her daughter's cheery self on it but only gloom and woe.

"Princess, I only want what's best for you. I want you to be happy.", Antoine said, looking at her tenderly, "I hope you'll be joyful and content in your marriage. Call me whenever you needed my help, I will always be there for you, princess.", he added, smiling at her daughter and a tear escaped his eyes.

Adeline smiled towards her father and wiped his tear away, "I love you, dad.", she said.

Antoine placed a kiss on her forehead and cupped her cheek, "I love you more, princess.", he said, and they both turned towards the door, preparing themselves as it slowly opened.

Adeline thought about what her father just said and told herself that maybe she could learn how to love Max, but Severus would still have a place in her heart that she holds dearly.

As they slowly entered, Adeline admired the greenhouse full of white roses, the side of the aisle were full of white roses too. But Adeline suddenly looked straight when the music playing was something familiar to her ears, the beat revised into something more of a wedding procession. Adeline was starting to get confused, the music playing was oddly familiar, the venue wasn't the one she just agreed on, but something she planned for her own wedding before when she was a teenager. Adeline looked ahead and saw that there weren't a lot of people present, she saw the Sayres on the other side, looking at her with smiles on their faces, and on the other side was her mother and her brother, but her eyes went wide when she saw them with Poppy, Minerva, Madam Hooch and the other teaching staff of Hogwarts.

Adeline turned towards her dad, confused. Antoine smile at his daughter, sweetly.

"How is my daughter?", Antoine asked, panic started to loom in as he saw the healers face contorted into worry.

"She needs to rest and eat properly. She needs to take care of herself.", the healer said, Antoine wondered back to how Adeline was just looking at her food for the past week and wasn't her cheery face but instead she was tired and was not having any mood for the wedding preparations at all.

"Does she know she's pregnant?", Antoine quickly looked at the healer, unable to process what he just heard from her.

"She needs to be careful now, Mister Heart.", the healer said and left him, after a moment Aiden and Daniella arrived, his son glaring at him, Daniella came to him, but he told her he needs to rest and left.

When Antoine got out of St. Mungos, he quickly went to the apparition point and apparated to where he knew he needed to be.

Severus heard a familiar voice behind his office door and groaned, he quickly went for his sober up potion and chugged it, after a while he was not in a drunken state anymore and went towards the door, opening it and revealing the man he despises the most at the moment.

"Headmaster.", Antoine nodded at him firmly, Severus opened the door widely for him to enter.

As Adeline came nearer to where the presider is, a man dressed handsomely in a black suit turned in front of Max, covering him. Adeline's eyes widened.

"Severus!", she said, her eyes and her face lit up with excitement and joy. Adeline stopped in her tracks and turned towards her father, enveloping him in a tight hug and started crying, some started crying and some tears would start to spill from their eyes.

"Now, now, let's not keep the groom waiting for you, princess.", his father said chuckling, and pulled back from her daughters hug softly.

They resumed with the procession and when they arrived at Severus, Adeline couldn't help himself but lounged into him hastily. She heard Severus chuckled. Adeline pulled back and her tears started coming in her eyes, Severus cupped both her cheeks.

"Let's get married.", he said, and smiled at her, gazing at her affectionately. Adeline nodded and she was then guided to the presider by Severus.

After many more procedures done in the ceremony, it was time for Severus and Adeline to face each other and say their vows.

"Severus, I wasn't able to prepare my vows as I wasn't informed earlier that you will be my groom.", Adeline said, earning a soft laughter from the crowd, "We may know each other for a short time, but in those moments, I knew then that I loved you. I vow to fiercely love you in all of your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget this once-in-a-lifetime love. And to always know in the deepest part of my soul that no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find our way back to each other.", Adeline let her tears ran down her cheeks, Severus carefully wiped them.

"Adeline,", Severus started, looking at her lovingly, "My Adeline, I have a very rough past, I'm deeply scarred, but here I am now wishing that I could stand up here and promise you the world, but the world isn't mine to give. What I do promise is my world, and all it entails. My love, support, passion, compassion, and enthusiasm. I wish I could promise smooth sailing, but the winds aren't mine to control. What I do promise is a ship built to carry you to safely, and sails to weather any storm. I wish I could promise you forever, but someone infinitely great than I already has. What I do promise is every second of this time sliver of eternity I've been blessed with. I wish I could promise you riches, but every vault has its end. What I do promise you is a life of abundance—And abundance of love and support, of strength and vulnerability, of sharing and drive, of passion, and of adventure. I can't even promise I'll never hurt you, because even the best of intentions sometimes falls short. What I do promise is to always reach for you over my pride; to hold you, to heal you, and to seek forgiveness.", Severus said, Adeline now burst into tears that she cannot control.

Severus held Adeline's hand tightly and gazed at her with all his love for her,

"I never knew I could love again."