He's jealous

Adeline looked in the mirror for the last time, wearing a black off shoulder dress that flows to the ground, a light make-up and silver heels, Adeline felt pretty and decided that it's time to go to Professor Slughorn's party.

Once she's out of her chamber's door, she was surprised to see Viktor standing in a red suit.

"Hi Adie.", he greeted, "You look amazing."

Adeline smiled at him and blushed by his compliment.

"Can I walk you to the party?", he asked.

"Sure Viktor.", she answered. Viktor leant his arm and Adeline rested her hand on it.

Adeline was confused as to how did Viktor knew she was going to the party, and that they didn't plan on going together.

"I heard from Minerva that you are going to the party, so I prepared myself early and waited on your door to surprise you.", he explained, Adeline looked at Viktor and smiled.

Descending from the stairs, Adeline saw Minerva and Severus talking at the end of the stairs.

"There they are.", Minerva said when she saw them.

Severus turned to look at where Minerva is looking. Severus internally frowned when he saw Adeline's hand on Viktor, the player grinning smugly. Severus rolled his eyes and turned to look away from them.

Adeline smiled when she saw Severus looking at them, but Severus just rolled his eyes and turned away. Adeline's face dropped and turned to look at Viktor grinning. When they arrived at the end of the stairs, they both greeted Minerva and Severus and they all went inside the party.

Professor Slughorn greeted them and offered them drinks.

"Viktor, ask me to dance.", Minerva said, and Viktor smiled at the old woman and walk towards her. Minerva accepted Viktor's hand and they went in the middle of the dance floor.

Adeline was sweating and felt nervous when she was left with Severus, she just turned her attention on her drink and to the dance floor.

Severus silently looked at Adeline on the side of his eyes, he wants to start a conversation with her but fought it back and just sipped on his drink.

"Miss Adeline.", said Professor Slughorn when he approached them, and offered his hand to her. Adeline smiled sweetly to him, and accepted professor Slughorn's offer, and she was led to the dance floor.

Severus only looked at her on the dance floor, her dress hugs her curves.

'She looks beautiful.', he thought.

Severus cleared his throat and sipped on his drink, still looking at Adeline smiling sweetly and conversing with Professor Slughorn. Severus mind quickly drifted on what he saw at the stairs when Adelines hand was rested on the crook of Viktor's arm. Severus scowled and went to get another drink to clear his mind of that image.

Adeline's eyes drifted to where Severus was stood but he wasn't there anymore, Adeline wanted to frown but she was still conversing with Professor Slughorn, so she kept her demeanor.

When the song ended, Professor Slughorn excused himself and Adeline searched for Severus in the crowd, when she spotted him at the window secluded from the crowd, she took the courage of going to him.

"Severus.", she called out.

Severus felt his insides moved when he heard her voice, he turned to look at her.

"Adeline."

Adeline quickly turned to look at the person who called her out behind her.

"Viktor?", she reluctantly said, looking back to Severus she saw him scowled.

"May I have a dance?", Viktor asked.

Severus rolled his eyes upon hearing it and left, Adeline looked at Severus walking away and unenthusiastically accepted Viktor's offer.

Severus went towards Minerva who was happily conversing with Madam Hooch and Poppy.

"She's so beautiful.", Madam Hooch said, looking towards Adeline and they all followed. Severus frowned upon seeing Adeline and Viktor being close with each other.

"You should ask her for a dance Severus.", Minerva said to him, grinning at him.

"Yes Severus, you should.", he heard Poppy said. Severus rolled his eyes and groaned and just paid attention with his drink, looking at the dance floor but his eyes would then settle to Viktor and Adie.

Madam Hooch looked at Severus, observantly. Severus felt Madam Hooch's gaze on him, so he eyed her back, "What?", he sneered.

"Severus Snape is jealous.", Madam Hooch proclaimed, and Poppy and Minerva choked on their drinks and giggled.

Severus scowled, feeling tired to argue more about it or that what Madam Hooch said was true and it hit him. Severus' eyes followed Adeline's move while dancing with Viktor and he wouldn't deny that he is jealous. Severus kept looking at them as they dance, how Viktor sway Adeline sweetly and freely, how Viktor kept whispering to her that made her laugh and smile at him, how close Viktor is to her and how comfortably his hand was placed on Adeline's back, Severus emptied his drink, took a one last look on them and left.