There was none

Adeline was back at their mansion, Daniella helped her get settled in her bed, his father looking at them from her bedroom door.

"You should rest, you have many things to do to prepare for your wedding next week, Friday.", she heard her father say, she quickly turned toward him and glared at her father deadly, her mother caressing her hair and kissed her head.

"Isn't it a bit too soon, love?", Daniella asked, turning to her husband.

"My decision is final.", Antoine said, looking narrowly at Adeline. Antoine walked towards Adeline and leaned in to place a kiss on her head, but she pulled away, and glared at her father.

"Princess.", Antoine said, softly. Adeline turned her gaze away.

"Leave me.", she said.

Antoine and Daniella exhaled soundly and went towards the door. As soon as Antoine was at her door, he looked back at Adeline and was about to say something, but Adeline shot him a look and Antoine went on his way. The moment Adeline heard the door closed behind her parents, she immediately buried her face on her mattress and cried her heart out.

Severus was on her armchair, sipping on his fire whiskey, occluding himself from thinking about Adeline and their nights shared together. Severus' felt only outrage and fury towards everything that is happening. His life was peaceful for him as it is, but then Adeline came, and he shook all the barriers he built around his heart. He is back at thinking, this is how he was supposed to live, he isn't supposed to live happily and spend his remaining days with someone he loves. He smirked when he felt his old friend 'misery' and 'dejection' looming inside him, he laughed as he felt himself consumed by it again.

Severus heard someone knocked on his door, he ignored it.

"Severus!"

Severus furrowed his eyebrows as he heard the familiar voice of Adeline's brother, he quickly went to his door and opened it.

"Why are you here? Your sister is already gone.", he said, looking furiously at him.

"I know, headmaster. Aren't you going to do something?", Aiden asked him.

Severus turned his back on him and walked into his tub of fire whiskey and poured his glass, Aiden entered his chambers, walking slowly at him.

"Your father's right, she doesn't need me.", he said, sipping on his drink and looking at the fire.

"Are you stupid? You don't see she loves you so much that she was willing to disobey our father.", Aiden said, looking at him befuddled at his attitude.

"Well, she didn't.", he growled. Severus turned to look at Aiden, "She told me to go and leave her be.", he said inaudibly, as if the words sting so much that saying it again would rip his heart out.

"He's afraid of our father, she doesn't mean that. She was just protecting you.", Aiden said.

Severus looked at the fire for a moment,

'Why would she protect me? I don't need protecting, especially from her father.', his mind played.

"Leave.", he said, not looking at Aiden.

"Headmaster,", Aiden said, "My sister needs you.".

Severus gaze narrowed at Aiden, "She needs her,", Severus paused, and looked away, "Fiancé.", he said inaudibly and finished his drink.

Aiden left him, shaking his head lightly. Once Aiden was outside Hogwarts, he quickly apparated to their family mansion and went directly to his sister's room and knocked.

"Go away.", Aiden heard Adeline from inside.

"Adie, it's me.", he said softly but audible enough for her to hear.

After a while, Adeline opened her door, she stared at her brother for a while as tears starting to come up on her eyes and immediately lounged towards Aiden, hugging him tightly.

"Oh Adie, don't cry.", Aiden said, calming his sister.

As they hugged tightly at Adeline's door, they weren't aware of their father looking at them and felt a twinge of pain seeing his princess cry like that. Antoine left them as he felt himself starting to give in to his daughter's cry.

As Severus lay in his ed, his hand splayed on the other side of it, feeling Adeline's body on it, Aiden's word replayed on his mind.

'My sister needs you.'

Severus growled as he buried his face on the pillow Adeline uses when she spent the night there, he sniffed it trying to get the scent he's longing for, but there was none.