Broken

"What were you doing, Adeline?", Antoine said, walking towards them, looking around the place he added, "Why are you in this place?".

Adeline took up her courage and cleared her throat, "I'm a professor here, Dad.", she said.

"A professor?", her father scoffed, and let out a big sigh.

"I'm very disappointed to you Aiden, lying to me.", Antoine said, looking at Aiden, while Aiden looked away.

"And you, young lady,", Antoine said looking at her, "Pack your things and let's go.", he said, and turned his back on her.

"Dad, you said I could stay till the end of the school year.", she frowned.

Antoine turned her head to look back at her, "Not anymore.", he said.

"No dad, I want to stay.", she said, looking at her father with pleading eyes.

"You don't like it when I'm mad, Princess.", her father said, without looking at her and left.

Aiden turned towards her and hugged her, Adeline burst into tears.

"Severus.", she muttered, burying her face more on Aiden's chest.

Upon hearing what Adeline said, Aiden pulled back from her and held her shoulders, "Everything will be fine, Adie. I promise.", he said, and hugged Adeline again.

An owl was perching on her window, Adeline went to i and saw that it was holding out a letter.

Miss Heart, please come to my office.

-Headmaster Severus Snape

Adeline's heart sunk when she saw that their back again to the formalities. Aiden went to find their father and Adeline went to Severus' office, upon arriving there Adeline knocked on his door.

"Enter.", she heard Severus said and slowly entered his office but was stunned to see his father already there.

"There she is.", her father said, looking at her and sipping on his glass of fire whiskey.

"Miss Heart.", he greeted her.

Adeline looked at him as he greeted her formally and sighed, "Headmaster.", she said, and Severus grunted as he heard it.

"Why are you here, dad?", she asked, while walking towards them and sitting on a vacant chair beside her father. Adeline looked at Severus' face to see what he was thinking but Severus' face bears no emotions at all.

"The headmaster and I had been talking about the removal of your post this instant.", Antoine said, looking at Severus then to her.

"You can't do that, the headmaster won't allow it, we're in the middle of a term, he can't possibly find a replacement this instant.", she said, looking at Severus as if telling him to back her up.

"Miss Heart, I believe I already allowed it with your father.", he said, sipping on his glass and looking at her with no emotions at all.

"I know what's been happening with you and my daughter, and I couldn't possibly allow it. Remove her from her post this instant. I have big plans for her future, and you Mister Snape can't give her that.", Antoine said, looking at him narrowly.

"Are your plans what your daughter wants?", Severus said, raising his eyebrows at him.

"You don't know what my daughter wants, you just knew her, but I raised her therefore I knew what she wants and what's best for her.", Antoine said sipping on his glass, and Antoine laughed, Severus looking at him confused, "You should really let her go, didn't she tell you? Antoine asked, smirking at him.