Your fault

'A day more to go and I will be wed to someone who isn't Severus.', her mind told her as she look at herself in the mirror, preparing for their family dinner with the Sayres.

Adeline was wearing a red silk dress that flows to her knees, looking at the mirror once again she quickly went to their sitting room where everyone was gathered, waiting for her.

Antoine walked towards her and held her shoulders, "You look beautiful, princess.", he said, and kissed her forehead and they went on to the dining area and settled there, everyone was caught up with their conversations, but Adeline just stared at her food and her mind drifted to Severus.

A week had gone by, and Adeline was tired. Max tried to reach out to her, but Adeline would just answer her shortly or sometimes would ignore her. The wedding preparations were done without her opinions on everything, she would just agree with her mother or with Max.

Severus was on his office doing some paper works when his mind drifted to Adeline. Every night of the week that passed, Severus was drunk when he goes to bed, hoping that he would forget everything about Adeline, but failed.

Antoine looked at her daughter in sympathy.

When the dinner was finished, the Sayres bid their goodbyes and Max went towards Adeline.

"I'll see you at the wedding, Adie.", he said, remorse in his voice.

Adeline softly nodded, looking away and left. Aiden walked towards Max and tapped his shoulder.

"Let her go, Max.", Aiden said faintly to his ears. Max was bewildered as he heard it and turned to look at Aiden who is shaking his head slowly, and back to Adeline who is walking away to the gardens. Max knew then what Aiden was truly implying.

As Max left, Aiden was about to follow Adeline at the gardens when his father stopped him, and Antoine followed her instead. Upon arriving at the gardens, he saw Adeline laying on the ground, Antoine quickly went towards her daughter.

"Princess.", he said as he shook her but there was no response.

Antoine called Aiden and Daniella, and they all apparated her to St. Mungos in panic, Antoine thanked Merlin as his daughter didn't splinch herself from apparating.

As soon as they arrived at St. Mungos, Adeline was tended by the healers right away, and they waited outside for her daughter to give them any idea of what happened to Adeline.

"This wouldn't have happened if we just listened to what she wants to do with her life for once!", Aiden growled as he looked at his father, accusing him of what happened to his sister fully. Daniella rushed to Aiden and soothed his back, trying to calm him down.

"This is your fault!", Aiden yelled again, looking at his father with fury and rage in his eyes.

Antoine stood up and was about to walk towards his son, when Aiden stormed out, Daniella called him, but Aiden didn't budge. Antoine was left alone and sat back down, the healer got out of Adeline's room and looked at him with concern.

After a while of Antoine talking with the healer, Aiden and Daniella arrived.

"You can see her now, but she needs to rest and spend the night here, she can go home tomorrow.", the healer said to them and left.

Aiden quickly went inside, shooting a glare towards his father.

Adeline opened her eyes and smiled at his brother.

"Hey Adie, how do you feel?", her brother asked her, Adie can see his eyes glistening.

"Have you been crying?", she asked softly.

"You scared the shit out of me.", Aiden said, and they both chuckled.

They heard someone come in, and they both turned to look.

"Mom.", Adeline said softly, "Where's dad?", she asked, befuddled.

Daniella smiled sweetly at her daughter and caressed her hair, "He left, princess.", her mother said, sadly, but remained smiling sweetly at her.

Aiden smirked and shook his head at her, Daniella placed a hand at Aiden's shoulder, "It's not your father's fault, love", her mother said to Aiden softly.

"No, it isn't mom.", Adeline said, looking at them confused as to what just her mother said to Aiden. Adeline looked at Aiden narrowly expecting for an explanation, but Aiden looked away avoiding her. Adeline just placed a hand on Aiden's hand, Aiden turned to look at her and placed a kiss on her forehead and left.

Severus spent the whole day drinking in his office, his finger held the daily prophet paper he received that morning.

The only daughter of Antoine Heart with her soon to be husband, the Sayres sole heir, Maximillian Sayres.

A picture of them on the paper moving, smiling at the camera.

Severus looked at it again, seeing her smile and hands clasped with another. Severus growled in annoyance and threw the paper into the fire. Minerva kept on calling him outside his door, but he ignored her.

Severus eyes were plastered on the fire as it slowly burned down the paper that carved his heart pitifully.