Chapter 20: Morning

Butters woke up the next morning, in his bed, with Mysterion holding him close to his chest, tightly.

Butters smiled and gave Mysterion a kiss on the cheek, which was one of the very few places Butters could see any skin.

Mysterion, in his sleep, let a small smile spread across his lips. Butters giggled and continued to kiss Mysterion.

Mysterion soon enough woke up with a laugh, "Butters! Butters!" Butters continued to give kisses all over Mysterion's face.

Mysterion laughed hard, an arm wrapped around Butters' back, "Good morning, Butters."

Butters smiled and laughed, "Good morning!"

Mysterion looked at the time; it was 10:41. "Good thing it's the weekend. We ended up sleeping in."

Butters laid back down, snuggling in Mysterion's chest, "Is it comfortable to sleep with this?" Mysterion raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Your costume." Butters responded, "Is it comfortable to sleep in?"

Mysterion nodded, "Oh yeah, don't worry. It's made out of very comfortable fabric. Though if you asked me that question only like... a year ago? I probably would have said no."

Butters tilted his head, "Why?"

"Oh! It's 'cause it's not the same outfit. This one is a new, remade one." Mysterion explained.

Butters' eyes widened, "Oh... then where is the old one?"

Mysterion shrugged. "I think it's somewhere in my room, but I don't know. It could be in the hero's meet-up spot for all I know."

Butters was silent, "I see... ok...." Butters then shook his head, "Anyways! Do you... want to hang out together today? Or do you... I know you are like a superhero and all, so you probably don't have any time but..."

Mysterion put a finger in front of Butters' mouth, "Shhh~ It's ok, Butters. Let me see." Mysterion thought about it for a moment.

Mysterion was saying some stuff, but Butters couldn't make them out since they were just kind of mumblings, but Butters could tell Mysterion was trying to remember.

Soon enough, though, Mysterion answered, "I think I do, sadly...."

Butters looked slightly disappointed, "That's okay, Mysterion. I understand."

Mysterion kissed Butters' forehead, "I promise, as soon as I'm done with hero stuff, I'll come and find you. We can spend the evening together."

Butters's smile returned, and he nodded, "I'd like that. Just be careful out there, okay?"

Mysterion leaned down and gave Butters a quick, gentle kiss on the lips. "Don't worry, Butters. I'm not going to fight anyone... it's paperwork and a meeting."

Butters nodded, "Oh... Ok.... Yeah... um... have fun?"

Mysterion smiled and laughed, "I'll try. I'll see you later, Butters... I love you."

Mysterion then jumped through the window, "I love you too, Mysterion." Butters responded as Mysterion disappeared into... well, he didn't disappear in the dark 'cause the sun was out, but he ran off!

-What do you think? Sorry for the short chapter.

-Word Count: 483