Chapter 31: Revenge

Kenny was sitting at his desk, head in hand, just thinking, frown on his face.

Kenny knew he had to talk to Butters soon; he couldn't just avoid him. He was his boyfriend, but Kenny just couldn't muster the courage to see him. It was hard enough to look at him at school without feeling guilty. Kenny couldn't imagine looking at Butters in his costume, the same one he beat Butters up in.

Kenny looked down at the piece of paper on his desk; he wanted to write Butters something, but what?

Kenny sighed before looking at the time; it was time for work but like other nights before this one, Kenny didn't know if he would go. He didn't want to.

He had broken and hurt the very thing he had promised to protect; he didn't know if he should continue. He never thought he would quit, but he just couldn't continue, not after hurting Butters. Even if he hadn’t done it on purpose, he just couldn't handle it.

What was he going to do?

~*~

Butters lays in bed, staring at the ceiling. How long had it been? A few days, a week, maybe a month since Mysterion died. There was no more window visits, no more parental help, no more.

Butters's parents had gone right back to how they were, like Mysterion never even was there.

Butters shoved his head into his pillow, tears streaming down his face. He just wanted Mysterion to come back and tell him that he never died, that everything was going to be okay. But he knew that wasn’t going to happen; he knew it because nothing good ever happened to him.

Nothing!! Nothing at all! And you know what? Butters was done. If he thought he was done before, but now... he felt really done.

Butters got up and walked to his closet; he swung it open and grabbed his costume. He quickly put it on and opened his window, "Mysterion, I know you never would have wanted this... I'm sorry; however, I'm done. You tried to help, and I love you for that, but you're not here anymore, and I'm tired." And with that, he jumped out of his window and into the night.

He had a plan, a plan to take his revenge on this stupid, horrible town that treats him like shit, and he would show no mercy because it showed him none.

Butters runs through the streets of South Park, plan in his head, costume on his body, tools to help in his hands, tears streaming down on his face, and pure rage in his heart.

-What y'all think?

-Word Count: 444