Chapter 34: Speech

Butters, despite all the explosions outside, remained calm and unfazed. In fact, he was happy, humming a tune to himself as he walked around the block, laughing.

He felt like he was having his own Joker moment-god, that's cringe. Butters didn't want to think of that.

Butters watched as people ran around, screaming, exploding, crying. It was amazing. Butters didn't feel the need to wear his Professor Chaos costume anymore; he no longer felt the need to hide who he was. The whole town would soon be gone anyway.

As he wandered, he noticed a familiar group in the distance. It was the heroes.

"Oh, well Howdy Fellas!" he yelled as he casually walked up to them, "Recognize me?"

The heroes looked at him confused, "Butters?" Toolshed asked.

Butters chuckled, "Yes, yes, it's me, but that's just one of my names~ Can you guess the other one~"

Butter knew it was probably stupid to be so close to the heroes, but it didn't matter anymore.

"What are you doing?" CallGirl asked, annoyed as the other tried to figure out what to do. Mysterion usually was the one that had a plan.

"Oh come on, I got the same voice, how do you not know~ Professor Chaos?~ The person who your boss fought....and loved?~"

"That was you!?" Toolshed asked, "That was you!? You're the leader of all the villains!? You caused all of this!?"

Butters laughed, "Yep!! It was all me!! This, that we are looking at, is all me!! Though I would finally put an end to all my pain...you forced my hand~"

Toolshed spoke, "Butters, what did you do!? Why this? You were always a villain but never this much! Why?"

"'Cause everyone here sucks! My parents hate me! Everyone treats me like shit! This whole town has caused the whole world pain! And I'm frankly done! That's why."

Tupperware, attempting to reason, spoke with a calm but fast tone, "Butters, causing destruction won't fix the pain. There are other ways to deal with your problems. We can help you find a better path."

Butters scoffed, "Help? Oh, I don't need your help. This is my path now. I'm not the little pushover you all thought I was. I'm in control."

CallGirl stepped forward, her voice empathetic, "Butters, we know life has been tough, but it can change; this isn't the answer-"

She was cut off by Butters's unsettling laughter, "Change? You think this town can change? It's rotten to the core. I'm just giving it the grand finale it deserves. But don't worry, heroes... it'll be dedicated to your boss.~"

And with that, Butters stepped back, and an explosion went off between him and the heroes.

The heroes coughed as dirt went into their eyes and mouths, and when they looked back at where Butters was, he was gone. All that was left was the echo of his laugh, along with more explosions, of course.

The heroes were left confused with what to do and what to make of Butters' speech, but most importantly, what he meant by, "it'll be dedicated to your boss."

-What y'all think?

-Word Count: 525