17- Je te laisserai des mots

Embrasse-moi
Quand tu voudras

- Patrick Watson

17

Max Verstappen

When I wake up, for a few moments I don't know where I am. Then the memories come back. The last thing I remember was Charles' arms around me and my head resting on his chest. I probably fell asleep in his arms.

I'm still on the couch, my face is a little sore and I can't fully open my right eye.

Soft music resounded in the apartment of the Monegasque.

I sit down and turn my head. Charles is here.

Back to me, playing the piano. Hus hands move smoothly on the keyboard of the instrument and his face is bent over his fingers. His hair is all messy and it makes me smile.

I listened to him for several minutes before I decided to get up and join him. I get close to him and he finally notices my presence. A smile runs through his face, revealing his right dimple.

He moves slightly off the piano stool to make room for me. It's my turn to smile as I sit next to him.

I watch his fingers play the melody with ease that leaves me speechless. I gently close my eyes before placing my head on his shoulder.

To my surprise, he starts singing.

" Je te laisserai des mots..."

I knew he could play the piano, but I had no idea he could sing and this well. His voice is soft and deep. He sings in French while continuing to play.

I don't understand the words but I don't need it to feel the emotion in my pear and the vibrations of his vocal cords on my cheek resting on him.

" Quand tu voudras... embrasse moi...quand tu voudras..."

When the song ends, he takes his hands off the keyboard and puts his arm behind my back to pull me a little more towards him.

"Did you sleep well?

I shake my head gently.

- I didn't know you could sing.

Is he blushing? Charles is blushing and looking away.

So sweet.

- I've never done this in front of anyone before... I know my voice isn't very great, but I like...

- You're kidding right? It was so beautiful! I didn't understand it, but... I wish I woke up like this more often.

He runs his hand in the back of his neck looking completely embarrassed.

Lovely.

- Is that true? I mean... aren't you just making fun of me?

- Absolutely not. I mean it.

- Thank you very much then..."

I finally meet his eyes. His green iris plunge into mine for a moment and I feel my body cover itself with a gentle wave of heat. I don't know if he feels it too, I look away before I can read the answer in his eyes.