y/n pov

The quintet lands in London. Sam, Steve, my dad, and myself step out and walk into the church. Steve and a few other men carry the casket down the aisle between the rows of seats. I can see Steve trying not to cry. Though I never knew Peggy, I'm trying to not have myself do the same.

"And now I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words."

A young women walks up to the podium. She has silky blonde hair. My dad nudges Steve gently in the shoulder to turn his attention to the girl at the podium, from where he was staring at the floor.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as the founder of S.H.E.I.L.D, but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy. She had a photograph in her office, Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid that seemed pretty cool, but it was a lot to live up to, Which is why I never told anyone we were related."

Her gaze drifts to meet Steve's, she must've been referring to him. Somehow they must know each other. Steve's gaze once again drifts to the floor.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a women succeed at either. She said, 'compromise where you can, but where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say, 'no you move.''"

About an hour later the service is finished and my dad, Sam, and I wait outside for of the church for Steve. He said he needed a minute. After a few minutes Nat walks past us, into the church not saying anything, given our puzzled looks we sent towards her.

"What do you think she's here for?" My dad asks.

"Probably about to ruin a already horrible moment for Steve." Sam states.

I let a purple mist flow through my hand and into the mind of Steve. I watch as the moment plays out before me.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I knew was gone. Then I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back to."

"Who else signed?"

"Tony, Rhodey, Vision." She pauses. "Y/n."

"Clint?"

"Says, he's retired."

"Wanda?"

"TBD."

"I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." He sighs

"Just because its the path of least resistance, doesn't mean its the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

"What are we giving up to do it?" Natasha sighs.

"I'm sorry Nat. I cant sign it."

"I know."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I didn't want you to be alone." She pulls Steve into a hug as he silently sobs into her shoulder.

I'm pulled back to reality when I hear the doors to the church open and Nat and Steve walk out.

"Come on y/n, let's go."

"You know guys, it's not too late to sign."

"I'm sorry y/n. You know I love you, but you also I can't sign."

"I know dad it's ok. I love you."

"love you too." He pulls me into a hug.

"Sam?" I ask. He just shakes his head not saying anything.

A few hours later our jet lands in Vienna. A car is already there, waiting to pick us up.

We drive down a lane, lined with reporters. My mind is racing. An itch in the back of my head tells me I shouldn't do this, but I know I have to. What's so bad that could happen from signing?  My mind fills with these useless questions, trying to convince myself this is the right thing to do.

Nat and I walk into the large building where they are ratifying the Accords. A young women walks up to us.

"Excuse me Ms. Romanoff and Ms. Barnes?"

"Yes?" We reply in unison.

"These need you twos signatures."

"Of course." I reply with a friendly smile, which she returns.

"Thanks."

"Thank you." Nat says.

A man approaches us, who seems familiar.

"I suppose none of us are used to the spotlight." His voice lingering with a foreign accent.

"Well, it's not always so flattering."  A small smile forming onto Nat's face.

"Well you two seem to be doing alright so far, considering your last trip to Capital Hill, Ms.Romanoff, I wouldn't  think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company."

"Well, I'm not." A smile still resting on her face.

"And that alone makes me glad you are here, Ms. Romanoff.

"Why? You don't approve of all this?"

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred."

"Unless you need to move a piano." Another man comes up to us, who's voice contains the same accent."

"Baba."  T'Challa bows his head. I know that language. I was taught it during my time at HYDRA. Wakandan.

The man, whom I assume to be T'Challa's father, returns the greeting to his son.

"Ms. Romanoff, Ms. Barnes." He says turning to us, bowing his head.

"King T' Chaka" I say to him, bowing my head as well.

"Please allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." Nat says to him.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today."

"Yes, so am I." I say. A mans voice comes over the PA system, "Will everybody please take their seats at this time. This assembly is now in session."

"The future is calling." T' Challa offers us a small smile, that we return before he walks away to his seat. "Such a pleasure."

King T' Chaka approaches the stand. "When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country  too long in the shadows. We will not however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers.."

I notice T' Challa's gaze drift to the window.

"..for supporting this initiative." T' Challa begins to move towards the window.

"Wakanda is proud to expand its hand in piece."

"Everybody get down!" T' Challa yells as he runs to his father to push him down.

The room explodes. I'm thrown back into a wall. My ears ringing. I groan from the pain as I lift my hand to the back of my head and bring my hand back just to see blood. Black and white begins to cloud my vision before everything goes black.