one

I. Old Memories

BAHRAIN: March 2023

TWITTER:

@fan10: I love how kiara arrived like a wag but is really a driver

@fan011: she's so pretty, pierre who?

@fan88: it's fan stage day!

Media Day: The cheers and yells travelled towards the stage as the Alpine drivers walked further to meet the hosts of the fan stage. Their smiles on as they walked together.

Pierre who greeted Angel and Simon, he turned to Kiara who was already looking at him with a raised eyebrow. He motioned to the offered chair and she sat down, he looked at the crowd and made a face making the crowd cheer.

Kiara looked behind her and hit his arm. "Ow!" Pierre said jokingly as he was handed a mic, "You're already hitting me Bellerose." he said with a laugh as he sat down on the chair next to her.

Simon laughed, "Already making banter the both of you." he said making Angel laugh with him. Once the hosts had calmed down, they had started their set.

It was the normal questions, about their expectations for the season, what they were looking forward to. But because it was common knowledge that the teammates have known each other since they were kids, Angel decided to ask something that was related to that.

"It is commonly known that you two have known each other, for what, since karting?" she joked making the drivers laugh. "I don't think I would have survived knowing Gasly for that long." Kiara said with a smirk.

Pierre stopped laughing and stared at her, placing a hand on his chest, "That was rude Bellerose." he said. She smirked and shrugged before they turned back to Angel who was smiling at them, amused.

"Sorry, what was the question?" Kiara asked as she chuckled. Angel nodded, "Well, is there any stories you can share with us? You two must have had some great memories together." she said.

Pierre looked at Kiara who was pursing her lips. She was thinking, she would usually do that when she was deep in thought. It took them a minute to think until it seemed that the both of them had the same memory in mind.

Kiara looked at Pierre who was smirking at her. "I know one." she said and Pierre hummed, "Are we thinking of the same thing?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes, "Don't we always do." she said before turning back to Angel. "When we were kids, my best friend Thalie accompanied me for practice..."

FLASHBACK: Rouen, France 2003

Karting race was finished and young Kiara was happy with how she did. She walked around, looking for her mother and best friend who shockingly joined her. Apparently, she had met a boy who was karting as well and wanted to know more about the sport.

But when she was walking around when she realized where Thalie could be. She sighed and walked around to where the sims were. It would be dangerous for her to look for her friend there. She gets distracted easily with the sims.

And that was what happened. The moment she entered and saw a free sim to play on. She sat down and started playing and forgot about how she was looking for her friend.

She was so focused that she didn't realize that a boy was walking towards her. Suddenly, a head popped in beside her, "My friend told me to beat his record on this sim, are you done?"

Kiara jumped in shock, "Merde! You scared me." she said as she placed a hand on her chest. He chuckled, "Sorry. But are you done?" he asked.

She looked at the screen and shrugged, "Yes." she said and jumped out of the sim. Pierre smiled and sat down, she pursed her lips making him tilt his head, "Do you want to watch?" he asked.

She nodded excitedly and they stayed there for what felt like a long time until they heard their friends.

"There you two are!"

BAHRAIN: March 2023

Everyone chuckled at their story. Simon finishing their set with the t-shirt canon. But before they could get down the stage, someone yelled from the crowd.

"Kiara! Will you marry me?!" The drivers stopped, Kiara looked shocked and amused while Pierre's smile dropped. Something Angel had noticed, making her smirk.

The female driver looked at the crowd, "How much money do you have?!" she yelled back making everyone laugh except for Pierre. He snickered and placed a hand on her back, "Come on." he whispered, leading her down the stage and the two disappeared from the sight of the crowd.