thirty

XXX. Back on the Job

AUSTRIA: June 2023

TWITTER:

@fan00001: no they don't look okay :(

@fan97: they arrived separately </3

@fan77: they aren't the same :(

MEDIA DAY: "We have Alpine, Pierre Gasly and the comeback of the grid princess, Kiara Bellerose!"

The two drivers walked to the stage like they always did, waving at fans, smiling and greeting the host.

There were no chairs this time, which was something Kiara thanked the heavens silently. They answered the questions as best as they can. Most of them were about Kiara, coming back to the grid and all.

"Are you excited to be back?" the host asked her. Kiara smiled and nodded, "Jack did a great job but I miss the car, I miss the track, and I miss racing." She said as she waved at the crowd.

The host chuckled, "And I am assuming that Pierre is happy you're back driving with him." He said. Pierre gulped and smiled, "Like what Kiara said, Jack is amazing but having my original teammate back is a nice feeling." He said.

And with those answers, it seemed to have sealed everything for the fans. The rumors seemed to have cleared.

Kiara didn't mention missing Pierre.

Pierre didn't call her Ki.

The distance was noticeable.

They weren't together anymore.

That meant when they were together for the press conference, there was a bigger space than usual between them. Something the reporters, the PR teams, and the other drivers noticed.

The questions were normal, until attention was put to Kiara again. It was always like this, she was the only woman in the sport which put more pressure on her.

But before, she had someone to pull her back from her thoughts. Pierre. But they barely even talked or looked at each other. As she answered another question about her, she let out a breath.

Pierre glanced at her, he watched as she wiped her palms on her jeans. He frowned, she wasn't okay.

Without thinking, he grabbed her hand making her freeze. But before she could say anything or pull away, she felt it. The gliding of a pen on her finger.

The sensation making her mind calm down. Focusing on that than the people around them. She leaned on the couch, finally relaxed and Pierre smiled to himself as he continued to draw on her finger.

Despite not having to talk, she still found comfort in Pierre. And that will never change.

The two walked out of the area, Kiara in front of him. Pierre watched her with a frown, he grabbed her arm, making her look at him.

"Ki-"

"Kiara we need you at the garage." A person from behind her say. She gulped and pulled her arm away from Pierre.

"Later." She said with a small smile. He hummed and nodded, watching her walk away with his heart in her hands. Like it has always been.