two

II. Radio Banter

BAHRAIN: March 2023

TWITTER:

QUALI DAY: Q2 was on and luckily for the Alpine duo, they got through Q1

QUALI DAY: Q2 was on and luckily for the Alpine duo, they got through Q1. After a new set of tyres, they were off through the track.

They would usually be focused on driving but then Kiara saw Pierre overtake her. It would have been okay but the fact that the gap between her and Mick was so small that when Pierre overtook her heart almost stopped and she almost slammed the breaks.

"Fuck! What the hell is he thinking?!" she yelled through the radio. "We don't know, we're trying to find out-" Josh, her engineer was cut off by her again.

"Connect me to him." she said. "You know we can't just do that Kiara." Josh said with a sigh. But Kiara was not backing down, "Just connect me Josh." she said sternly as she finally overtook Mick.

Josh knew it would be useless to argue with her so he connected to the general drivers radio. When Kiara was given the go signal, she took the chance to yell at Pierre.

"You are a fckng idiot!" she yelled. Pierre let out a laugh when he heard her voice. "You think this is funny?! You almost crashed with Mick!" she yelled.

Pierre huffed, "I knew what I was doing Belle. Don't worry now." he said as they continued to go through another lap.

But Kiara was not having it, she yelled at him in French, not really caring that the other drivers could hear her. From the other side of the radio, Charles who heard everything laughed at his friends.

"I don't know why Pierre hasn't learned his lesson by now." he said. Xavi pitched in, "I think he enjoys being yelled at." he answered the Monagesque.

In the end, the Alpine drivers gave the whole paddock and the qualifying a full show.

After qualifying, Kiara got out of her car and took off her helmet. Josh walking to her, "Great job Kiara." he said. She let out a sigh, "Is Pierre back?" she asked.

Josh chuckled and nodded, "He's over there with Charles." he said pointing just outside their garage. She stomped to him and once she reached him, Charles saw her and before he could give Pierre a warning, she had hit him in the head.

"Ow! Belle!" Pierre reacted, despite not seeing who did it to him. "You are so reckless Pierre Gasly." she said. He smiled at her, "I knew you worry about me Belle." he teased.

She rolled her eyes and was about to retort back when she heard their PR Manager call out to her. She sighed and pointed at Pierre, "We are not done Gasly." she said before walking away.

Pierre watched her walk away with a smile. Charles raised an eyebrow at him but then they heard laughing. Turning they saw their friends. Lando whistled, "Damn. This is the first race weekend and it sounds like you and Kiara are going to kill each other." he said with a laugh.

The French driver shrugged, "It's normal." he said. Mick snickered and turned to Charles, "Is it?" he asked. The Monegasque sighed, "Unfortunately, they have been like this for years." he said.

"And they haven't fallen in love ever?" George asked with a smirk. Charles shook his head, but his lips turning up into a smile, "They say they haven't." he said.

Pierre rolled his eyes, "Me and Belle have been at each other's throats for years. I don't think it will lead to that." he said. Lando crossed his arms, "I bet you have liked her before." he said smugly.

But before Pierre could defend himself, George spoke, "I bet he will like her." he said. Charles laughed, "I'll jump on that bet."

Pierre rolled his eyes and looked at Mick, "Don't tell me you will too?" he asked. But the German looked at Lando and nodded at him, "Actually I'm with Lando in this one."

"You guys are ridiculous." Pierre muttered before turning to Kiara who looked unimpressed at what their PR manager has been saying.