22) Together Forever

To my confusion we were all dragged to one room. Thomas was strapped to a table next to Aris. Minho was just tied up in a chair. As for me, I was dropped in the corner like a ragdoll.

As I remained paralyzed and still trying to fight it Teresa suddenly walked into the room behind him. The rage I felt for her should still be there, but now there was a mix of pity. She was the true monster here. Anyone who would take me from Aris was worse than anything I was.

Without a word she approached me. All I could do was pathetically stare into her eyes. She leaned in and left almost no space between us.

"I need you to trust me. I'm going to give you the ability to move and then take a little of your blood. I'm going to do the same to the others. Don't react,"She whispered. I don't even think anything could give me that ability, but I guess she's got something planned. The real question was if it was for our side or theirs.

I was going to find out because she carefully slid a needle in my left arm. She was much more gentle than Ratman had been as she injected whatever that stuff was inside me. Then, she stuck a different one in my vein and drew some of my blood. She kept it in her pocket before standing up.

"She's dead,"Teresa lied as I subtly tried to move my fingers. To my shock I was able to.

She truly was in our side now. Even if I couldn't completely let my guard down I think she did want to help us escape this place alive.

"Good,"He shrugged, uncaring about what he thought was the truth while being oblivious to what it truly is.

As I regained feeling in my legs it took everything inside me not to run and untie Aris. I knew that would do nothing but actually get me killed. We were playing the long game so we better play it right.

After a moment he stirred before attempting to sit up. As he fully regained consciousness he didn't ask anything about how he got there.

"Where is she?"He asked, glancing around. His eyes landed on me in the corner. Even though I was supposed to be dead I couldn't let him believe that if he didn't have to.

Right now I think I do though. His reaction to my death would be obvious but me coming back to life wasn't something anyone could know.

"She's dead,"Ratman shrugged, with a hint of satisfaction in his voice.

"I'll kill you. Both of you,"He threatened as he spotted Teresa. He frantically tried to move his arms, but he was strapped to the table. From next to him I saw Thomas open his eyes. He groggily attempted to sit up before discovering that he too was strapped to a table.

"What's happening?"Someone else asked. Now we were all awake. We just needed to escape in time, with what we came for, before we never could again.

"You're awake Thomas. That's great,"He said as if this were a simple conversation between friends and he wasn't going to murder us all in cold blood. I expect nothing less from somebody like him.

"Why am I here?"He asked as he tried to pull at the restraints. In the meantime Aris had never stopped. He looked willing to break a bone if it meant getting out.

"Now that we have you we can choose who to save. We can decide who really matters in this world, and it's not the people out there. It's people with power. People like me,"He said, pulling up his sleeve. I couldn't see, but I knew he had a Crank bite. That serves him right.

"So I'll take what I need,"He stated, grabbing a needle. "Then, I'll get rid of those I don't,"He continued, gesturing to first Minho then Aris.

"Try me. I have nothing to lose,"Aris stated. He really is an idiot sometimes, and right now is one of them. Even though I love him I'll acknowledge that. He has literally everything to lose.