25) Our Story

A lot in life can't be predicted. Almost nothing is set in stone. So there have been some small drawbacks to the wedding. Mainly how the hell do you actually have a wedding because none of us knew. We just had to adjust as we went.

Eventually though it all got sorted. While some parts are a bit unconventional it has what we need and that's us and the people that matter. I may be wearing the most simple, white sun dress there is and it may the most casual wedding to exist, but it belongs to us. It's Aris and I against the world. Despite it having been proven already we deserved for it to be in a way that didn't involve heartbreak.

"You look beautiful,"Sonya said as she fixed a piece of my hair. Even though I couldn't see I knew she was telling the truth. I mean she did grow up with Newt.

"Are you ready?"She asked.

"Yeah. I am,"I stated, not needing to think about it. While my heart was still racing like crazy it wasn't because I was ready to run. It's just that everything we had planned was here.

"We'll be out there,"Brenda assured me as they headed to their spots.

I looked at the sky and just in case they were watching smiled for the people that couldn't be here. The sunshine heating up my face and the scent of sea salt showed that this was real.

"Y/N, are you ready?"Newt asked, knocking on the door. I took a breath before turning around.

Once he saw me he had a bright smile as he started tearing up. He held out his arm, and I happily took it. While that role is usually given to father figures I don't have one. Since Newt is my best friend I had decided he would be the one to walk me down the aisle.

As we approached them everyone stood up. Even though I could feel all eyes on me there was only one person I was focused on.

My heart fluttered in my chest as Aris kept his gaze on me. Even years later he never fails to give me butterflies, and that's not going to stop anytime soon.

Newt stepped to the side as I stood in front of him. He didn't look away as he took my hand.

"You look perfect,"He whispered low enough so only I could hear. I forgot how to even speak as he looked at me as if I was the only person to exist.

"Today we're here to celebrate two people who have gone through life together, but first they've each prepared their own vows,"Jorge announced. With his gaze never leaving me Aris was the first to speak.

"Y/N, we have gone through every kind of pain and suffering the world has to offer, and each time it only got harder. The thing is I would do it all over again if it led me to where I am today. Standing in front of you, knowing I'll spend the rest of my life with you. Because I knew the from the moment I laid eyes on you that I was in love with you. Even if it wasn't truly the first time I remembered you. I remembered that you're special to me and that you're somebody I need in my life. Your smile that outshines the sun, your laugh that makes everything better, and your love that can never compare to anything else, and even tears that you never deserve to cry, are all something to love because they're a part of you. I need all of you forever. Wherever we are, and wherever we go, I'll be there. I'll find my way back to you. This time nothing's going to separate us. Good or bad, I'll be by your side. No matter what anyone says I know that this is right. Marrying you is the best choice I have ever made because loving you is as easy as breathing. It's you and I against the world Y/N. It always has been."

I didn't bother to hold back my tears for once. That was a speech worth crying over. It was clear he had thought out every word and meant it.

Needing to take a deep breath, he grabbed my hand and squeezed. I grinned as I squeezed back before finally being able to say my piece.

"Aris, from the moment I saw you alone in your room, just a lonely looking boy with nobody to talk to, I knew I had to know you. Something about you just drew me in, and I followed it. Now I know what that magnetic pull was. It was my heart leading me to the person I was meant to be with. It was leading me to you. Then, I met you all over again. Somehow, you still knew when I was hurting. You knew how to make it better, and you always will. You saved me. Not just literally either. You're my reason to keep going. You loved me when I thought nobody could. Even when it hurts, even when it was painful, you didn't stop. What people say doesn't mean anything Aris. We never cared even when we should have. In the end, that was the best decision because it led to this. I always knew what I wanted Aris. I always knew that I wanted you. Not freedom, not safety, nothing but you. Because you are my freedom. Being with you is safety and comfort. I love you Aris, and I know I can be the same for you. Thank you for letting me be by your side. Thank you for letting me love you."

"Thank you for loving me,"He whispered, tearing up himself.

"Do you take Y/N to be your wife?"Jorge finally asked.

"I do,"He said, still looking right at me.

"And do you take Aris to be your husband?"

"I do,"I answered.

"You may now-"

Without letting anyone get another word out I threw my arms around him and kissed him. He wasn't the least bit caught off guard as he cupped my cheeks, kissing me back. Out of every one that we shared this one was my favorite. For once, it wasn't something that has a way of saying goodbye or running off any kind of negative emotion. This was one of pure happiness that had once seemed unnatanable.

As always though, he had done the impossible.

Pulling away and keeping his forehead against mine, his hands exactly where they were, he kept his same smile.

"It's you and I forever. It always was,"He whispered.

"I know. You finally found a promise you could keep Aris."

"And it's my most important one yet."

And with that he kissed me one more time.

ᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗ

That night was a celebration to remember. Sharing dance after dance between new friends, old ones, and obviously my official husband, nothing could ever top this. My life was finally getting started. What I had before wasn't really living.

This couldn't be called anything else though because the end was just the beginning. After all, there has to be another generation. There's always more to come in our lives. That's never really going to change.

Because
The Story Never Ends
Out now

Because The Story Never EndsOut now