Chapter 13 - Never Judge a Princess by her Size

As Kion and the Lion Guard struggled to find each other, Kion and Fuli prayed to the spirits that Kamaria was having better luck in her meeting. Unfortunately, Kia wasn't having much luck with the royal disputes going on in front of her. She tried speaking up multiple times, but everyone had been so frustrated and stubborn that they didn't give her a chance to talk. Trying to think of a solution as well as a way to get everyone's attention, King Malka of the Northern Pride butted heads with Queen Heshima of the Marsh Kingdom.

Malka - "All I'm saying is just because our lands have been prosperous this year, it doesn't give you the right to ask for more than the portion of land we give you!"

Heshima - "And what I'm saying is that you have plenty of land to spare, and it isn't fair of you to let my pride starve after you agreed to the hunting arrangements!"

Kamaria - "Your majesties, if I may—"

Malka - "You can't be serious when you say there's no problem in asking for half of my territory just for your pride's sake!"

Kamaria - "Uncle Malka, I think—"

Heshima - "I'm not asking for half, I'm asking for enough land to feed my subjects!"

Kamaria - "Queen Heshima, there's probably some way we can—"

Malka - "That is a ridiculous idea and you know it!"

Simba - "If we could all just—"

Malka - "My offer stands at the original deal, and that's it!"

Heshima - "If you could just listen—"

Kamaria - "ENOUGH!"

Having been freed from the thorn bushes, Kion looked at his savior and reluctantly muttered a thank you, much to Jasiri's annoyance. She had already saved him, so he didn't need to be so stuck up. His sister didn't act like he did.

Kion - "...Thanks, I guess."

Jasiri - "You guess?"

Kion - "Well, yeah. You could have told me the trail ended before I went over the hill."

Jasiri - "Yeah, but then I wouldn't have seen one of the leaders of the Lion Guard rolling down a hill. Hahaha!"

Kion - "Okay, you've had your laugh. Now I'm lost. Can you tell me how to get to Flat Ridge Rock?"

Jasiri - "Follow that trail, it'll take you to Flat Ridge Rock. And back to your beloved Pride Lands."

Kion - "Thanks. Ugh!"

Jasiri - "You're limping."

Kion - "I'm fine. Just a little sore from the fall. I can handle it. Ugh!"

Jasiri - "Okay, tell you what. It's kind of my fault you're hurt. So I'll stick with you until you can see Flat Ridge Rock."

Kion - "Okay. I mean, if you want to."

Jasiri - "What I want? Haha! I want you out of my territory."

Kion - "Ugh! Yeah, well, me too."

Jasiri - "You know, maybe you're not so bad. I was starting to think you and Kia were opposite twins."

Kion - "You know my sister?"

Jasiri - "...She asked me not to tell anyone, but a few years ago she left my clan some food after Janja and his pack stole our dinner. She didn't want us getting in trouble for interacting with a princess of the Pride Lands, so she just snuck some food away and gave it in secret."