05|Train it is

- Vidyut -

"The dinner was amazing!" Daddu says, as he takes the last scoop of his dessert.

All of us are settled in the living room after the amazing dinner my grandfather is still praising and well, it's actually praiseworthy. They'd put up a fest in the name of a casual dinner. My boy's must have loved the dishes, period. They're -or rather we are huge fans of Indian dishes. Comes out to be a clan weakness, according to me.

Sitting beside me, Athvansh and Aditya, like the extrovert they are, have been making conversation with Esha and her friend, whom I widely remember meeting in one of the business parties, for the last few minutes.

Ivaan, like the boy he is, sits quite in the corner seat of the same coach, just listening to them. He'd not show he's listening, but the guy has got a remarkable observation skill.

There was a time I thought he'd turn out to be a scientist, a future Isaac Newton who'd get all the curse from the students. But thankfully, he's safe.

Nana and Nani have been quiet all the while with just greeting and talking when talked to or casually getting to know Esha formally. Quite exceptional from their usual self. Considering the thickness in the air we share whenever we meet, it's not that invisible now too. And regarding how close Esha's dad and daddu are, he'd already have an idea.

My parents and mom's family were never in a good relationship. Well, one can't blame them. My parents, who were madly in love, decided to elope and marry. My maternal family who were too high with their reputation and culture couldn't accept them even after years of their fruitful marriage. And now, after their death, it stays the same to a lot of extent.

They've come to meet us after almost eight years. The last time they came was during my parents' last rites and now because I'm getting married.

Yeah, it's that complicated.

I can't help even if I wish to. However, inviting them for my wedding was kind of my mom's last wish. So I tried, and fortunately they considered being a part of it without any resistance.

Taking a look at everyone discreetly, my eyes like all other times, ends up on her.

Esha looks beautiful.

She always does.

A mesmerizing smile on her face and with the air winding her hair to fly she looks no less than an angel. She's been at ease after the conversation we had, or at least she's trying to be. Now with Aditya and Vansh being her same vibe to some extent, she's been all well.

For a while now, all she's done is chat with them calmly like she always does, share her thoughts on the things they speak of and that's mostly on her college days and professional life.

Esha has done her UG and PG both from IIMB. And the woman even if she looks like a little lady and out of place here and there, is actually a nerd a total bookworm.

Contrast to who I was in my college days.

I've always studied because I had to study and get a degree so I could join the company and also because my mother was a professor in the very same college.

Now, it's a compulsion, you see.

But my to-be-wife seems passionate about her studies and achievements.

May god grace our future kids with this trait too or else she'd have a hard time if they chose to follow my lead.

"Bhai was a rank holder too!" Vansh exclaims, his eyes smiling.