31|Laughters of Love

Esha •

I don't go back to the ground, instead I make my way back inside and walk inside the kitchen. I was preparing to bake a few cupcakes before they encouraged me for the match and now I think that is a necessity. I’m a stress-beaker. I bake when I’m stressed and now I am. Because I need to get my head off the incident, or especially how Vidyut reacted to it.

I don't know if it's my emotions that's odd or his reaction. Who can be so calm in a situation like that? That is messed up or the fact that I’m still stuck over it is.

I whisk the rich red in color, velvety smooth, heavily cocoa-scented batter for the cake, ready to be poured into the cupcake tins, feeling like I'm flogging a dead horse. My mind, like a hamster on a wheel, loops the words my husband and I shared a while ago.

“Bhabhi,” Aditya’s voice breaks the chain of thoughts and I turn my head to him. The other two of my brother-in-laws follow his lead.

Wearing a concerned expression he walks in deeper. “What’d bhai say?”

The apprehension in his tone makes me smile faintly but the question puts back the frown on me. 

What did he say? How did he react? That’s a question worth a high debate.

“Is he upset?” Ivaan stands beside me, helping me with the cupcake liners.

“Did he say something rude?” Athvansh asks before I can speak.

“I don’t think he’d do that to bhabhi.” Ivaan dismisses, looking at me for affirmation.

“That’s true too.” Athvansh nods. “He’s too whipped to get angry with her.”

I halt in the process of setting the tray, take a sharp half turn and regard the man with a confused but serious look.

As if caught off-guard he blinks at me for the sudden spotlight on him. The other two in the room wait patiently, their cautiously curious eyes on me.

“How does Vidyut react when he’s upset or angry?” I cut to the chase wanting a quick and easy way to calm my nerves.
“You don’t know how?” Athvansh wonders aloud with an amazed blink.

I shake my head, confident that I’ve never encountered an angry or upset Vidyut. He’s a composed man as I entitle him, and his emotions are at par too so there was no where a chance I could pick a moment where he lost his composure or calm.

“Ooh, to be his wife.” sighs fervently.

“The first thing bhai does when he’s either of them is take our cards or cut our monthly allowance.” Ivaan educates. “That’s when we’ve done a blunter, that mostly could have been avoided.”

“Not applicable for me.” Because I have my own credit cards, both personal and professional. Even though Vidyut had suggested I do the spending of his Amex Centurion Card I’ve not really considered it. I’ve more than I can spend on mine and you don’t go digging into others when your plate is full. 

“That’s right.”

“Push this apart.'' Aditya finally reaffirms his presence. “It’s a sure thing he’s never going to cut Bhabhi's financial means no matter what. Back to square one, what did he say, bhabhi?”

I heave a sigh and completely stop my movements and totally focus on the conversation. But the question of how to put my husband’s reaction into words haunts me now. How do I tell his brothers that he’d asked me to pay him back for the damage by seizing our carnal desires? I mean who in the right state of mind would ask that? Because boy, I just broke a windshield that costs two fucking lakhs.