15| A tea date

~ Merry Christmas ~

• Vidyut •

The flight finally hits the runway at nine in the night after a long tiring sixteen hours of being air-borne. Meeting our pilot and crew in the cockpit, I thank them, wish them good night and walk out to where the BMW awaits me, my driver, who has also been dad's driver, behind the wheel to pick me up.

Well, it's not something new to anyone who knows me, how exhausted I become after a flight. I enjoy traveling, just that I can't sleep at all while traveling and that leaves my body and mind exhausted.

Slipping in the passenger seat after depositing my suitcase in the backseat, chatting with Kashyap uncle for a moment, I connect my earbuds to my phone, dial Esha and lax back on the seat.

Before it's even the second ring the call gets connected bringing a smile on my face and the cheerful voice that brings chaos and calm in me rings in my ears making my heart soar.

I wish I was going to her and not back to my empty room.

For the next half an hour, she talks non-stop. I get to know almost everything about her day and when she asks about my trip and progress, I answer it just the way she does, not missing a point of the main event. Until we end the call, that is when the car stops in front of our mansion, I smile, chuckle, tease and praise her softly making sure I'm not crossing the line considering the elderly presence beside me.

Skipping the dinner waiting for me that night, I walk to my room, get a warm shower and fall right on my bed letting the jet lag get the best out of me. The last thing I wonder before the tiredness corrupts my mind and body, putting me into deep slumber, is how Aditya manages his job. I can't imagine being air-borne for this long any time soon, that man does it like it's a cake walk.

The following day, after dropping a grumpy Ivaan to his school on my way, I head to Mahajan Headquarters. Morning passes by with paper works and meeting clients. In the evening for the last meeting, my secretary and I walk into the conference room, ready to address the inaugural team of our next opening hotel in Hyderabad.

Mahajan Industries is an Indian based conglomerate company established in the early 1950's. Our services expand in different sectors; e-commerce, information technology, retail, real estate, tourism and hospitality. Since the past ten years, tourism and hospitality along with our retail sector has seen an expansion and thrives the most as of the day. Our chain of hotels at present is the largest hospitality company in the country. Circulating an annual revenue of $15.2 billion.

The Jahan Group of Hotels has 250 hotels located in various parts of the country, 30 under construction projects, 15 globally spread in 3 different continents and 10 countries. Luxury hotels to midscale ones, we cater the needs of consumers from every sector of society the best way we can.

In the second week of next month, we are opening our 229th hotel, a five star type luxury one. The marketing team has already started their job weeks ago, the inaugural team now rendering their final decisions in this meeting we have gathered here for.

Taking up my position at the head of the table, I start with the presentation using the projector screen and white board beside me. The launch event starts in the morning, followed by an art and craft exhibition we host in the main lobby for the local craftsmen till evening. At least thirty craftsmen are now shortlisted and confirmed for this.

"Jiya, you can let out the brochures and invitation this evening." I acknowledge our marketing head.

She nods her head. "Sure, sir."

I step towards the table to change the PPT's slide and at the same moment my phone that sits beside the laptop pings with notification. Even without intending to look at it, my eyes do so, registering the name of the sender, leaving me distracted and out of track.