37|Enchanted

🛡

Vidyut

"Vidyut Mahajan," My wife's stern and alarming call makes me look at her. She stands behind the tripod stand that holds the phone, both her hands on hip wearing a done look on her face. I perk a brow, confused. She pins me with a glare. "You are covering my whole frame, mister."

"Ooh, sorry." I step away and watch as she focuses back on the screen of my phone and sets whatever is needed to capture the sunrise. Her brows dip, fingers scramble and finally her lips lift into a smile indicating she's successful in it.

A smile of my own appears seeing her pretty face wear that innocent smile. Her face is so expressive that without even wanting to hear her words I can make out what she feels. Like last night, I felt everything she felt the moment I saw her face but yet decided to give her some time and take some to myself which ended up creating another mishap. I've known how her mind worked, how much of a deep thinker she's and yet given her time to think and create every worst thing in her head.

And that I consider a blunder I made. The first time I failed in taking care of the one I love and the last too.

Esha walks up to me, meets my eyes firmly and wraps her arms around my neck, ordering. "Kiss me."

"Huh?"

"Kiss me, Vid." The tone of authority she uses to whisper makes me pleased. It's a treat to watch her shy, but it's just a turn on to have her order me around like a fucking queen.

I look around the empty beach that's still awaiting the sun and bite back the smile. "Here?"

"Yeah." She steps closer, goes on her toes and touches our nose. "My billionaire husband just brought me to his private beach house and you're asking me whether he should kiss me or not?"

I chuckle and gently wrap my arms around her waist."Billionaire?"

"Yeah, you are."

"But it sounds insulting when it comes from you." She frowns, tilting her head to the right. "How many companies and properties do you have under your name, again?"

She shrugs, nonchalant. "I don't keep a count."

"Of course you don't." I nod, teasing her. "I mean, how can you when it's countless?"

"Hey, it's not countless."

"Yeah sure, I buy that." I give a tight nod.

She shakes her head and steps closer, her brows dip low. "Wait, why in the hell are we even talking about our assets as if we are closing the books?"

"Because you called me a billionaire when both of us know who the billionaire here is." I shrug and shoot her a tight smile.

She rolls her eyes.

If something Esha terribely dislikes, or even hates more than cockroaches and spiders then it's talking about her finances and especially her wealth. She loathes it with a passion alongside owning it like a pro. I understand her, I totally do. Yet, I sometimes like getting her railed up just so she'll actually bite and tear me apart with her uncommon annoyance and anger.

"I'm not." She lies in the broad daylight with a smile of disbelief on her lips. "My family is rich, I just happen to have been born there."

"Sure, I believe that." I nod and leave a sigh. "The fifty percent of the business empire you own is just for fun."

"Geez, man." She breathes aloud sounding annoyed, hooks her finger at the chain around my neck and tugs at it making me lean to her. I meet her railed up, hot eyes for a brief moment before she slams her lips against mine with so much tension and passion that I go breathless. My stomach drops and hits a new low.