16.Off to Rajasthan

~ Happy New Year ~

•Vidyut•

"How do you find market price from factor cost?" Ivaan meets my eyes in the rearview mirror awaiting my answer.

This boy has been digging up my knowledge in economics from the past fifteen minutes, that is since the time he's entered the car with his book opened preparing for his viva. Honestly, I've lost touch with that subject, especially these small basic things. You don't need to do them as a CEO, and it's been ten years since I passed out of school.

"Bhai!" He prepound not receiving an answer.

"How do I know?" I frown at him through the review.

"You are a CEO." He shrugs nonchalantly.

Steering the wheel through the roads, I shrug. "Exactly my point, Ivaan. I'm a CEO not an economist in CSO. I don't have to calculate the GDP."

Leaving a loud sigh he slams the book shut, pushes his head back up and closes his eyes.

"Watch the lectures, Ivaan." I suggest, feeling guilty of putting him in this situation. I used to hate anything that disturbed my studies, especially during the exams so it is only fair he feels annoyed right now. Anyone would. The shift in his usual environment, an event to attend and everything is a toll on him and I feel like shift for doing this to him. Even though I can't help anything.

"I'll do it once we reach there."

"I'm sorry." It's of no use but I owe him one.

Giving me an absurd look, he rolls his eyes. "You don't have to be. It's not like you did it on purpose."

"But still, I know it's hard."

"Come on bhai!" He tsks. "You don't have to say sorry. I'm just fussing because I have nothing else to do and I hate it when you say sorry."

Faintly smiling at him, I steer the car towards our private runway and halts it a few meters away from the flight ready to board us, right in front of the green Aston Martin shining in the sunlight. And like a decoy elevated to extract my breath, capture my attention, corrupt my senses and leave me torn, questioning my existence without her darkest browns, she sits behind the wheel.

Eyes, with a coy confidence locked in mine, tip of her nails tapping the wheel making my insides clench in painful pleasure at how seducing it looks and as if not done torturing my poor soul, she smiles- big, beautiful and bright- putting the sunshine that lights the world into shame.

I lax back on my seat, pull the handbrake up and leave a soft sigh.

Not bothering or rather not able to break apart from those brownest smoldering orbs of a beauty, even when the commotion happens in the car as my brothers unload the luggage, I sit watching her as she talks to someone on the phone.

Putting her phone aside after a while, she leans in on the wheel and wrinkle her brows at me. Not hiding the smile, I raise my own brow.

Her eyes thin as she scrunches her face, scrutinizing me in her gaze.

Softly chuckling at how cute her face looks in that expression, I sigh, pull the door handle and slide out, not in a mood to sit away from her.

Mirroring my actions, she steps out of her car, amble towards where I stand in front of our cars and smiles up at me.

"Hey!" Soft like a secret, wind brings her breathlessness to me.

"Hey," I reply, my glazed eyes watching her in awe inscribing each and everything about her from head to toe. It's all casual- a blue and white printed long skirt, white crop-top that leaves the view of her slender arms to my leer, a scarf pairing her skirt twisted around her neck and those pretty earrings that dangle from her earlobes. I grin at that and gently flick the earring. "We bought them."