22| Husky Dusk

• Vidyut •

The ground floor of the hotel, where every event had taken place, is almost empty. Relatives and guests who are staying back in the hotel have retreated back to their suites, the backyard's glistening lights have gone off a while ago and now it stays serene with a very few, mostly young people, enjoying the coldness of place around the lit campfire.

I walk back inside the lobby through the backdoor. It's been almost twenty-five minutes since my wife left to get changed.

Athvansh smiles with a glint of mischief in his eyes as he sees me and strolls towards me.

"First show already hogya, huh?"

Not able to make sense out of a word from it, I frown.

He brings his hand closer to my cheek, his tumb brushes against my cheek bone. "At least, should have wiped the lipstick mark off if you wanted to act a fool, bhai."

My ears turn red in realization. Esha had pressed a kiss against my cheek before scurrying off like an enchantress in red. I don't know what turns me on the most, the alluring scarlett she's adorned in or the glowing brightness of her smile and eyes or the fact that she is my wife. Ooh, my wife. It mostly is the last, I believe. Or it might just be all of 'em. And the glint of anticipation in her eyes just intensifies everything ten times for me.

"I didn't know-" I cleared my throat, gently touching my own cheek.

"What did you not know?" Aditya makes himself a part of the conversation.

"Lipstick mark of his wife on his cheek." His younger one adds.

"Woow!" Aditya grins, slaps his hand against my shoulder. "Finally your vow of celibacy is coming to an end. Congratulations."

"And you think I lived a celibate life?"

"Of course," Aditya says in duh as if my sex life was a dinner table conversation that's too obvious and out for the world. "Didn't you?"

I shoot back in question instead of answer. "Why so?"

"Come on bhai, I never saw you with a woman." Aditya implores in challenge.

"Are you implying Tania is a man?" I counter.

Athvansh rolls his eyes. "She's your secretary."

"Woman," I shrug.

"Never saw you spending a single night somewhere other than home." Athvansh adds.

"I travel alone too."

Aditya smiles confidently. "Even then, you make sure to call us each night."

God, why is my sex life even a topic even? I mean, I still don't have one to ponder on and why was I trying to make them think otherwise? Crap! I'm happy I have none. Why hide that?

"Fine, I'm a proud virgin." I shoot a tight smile. "Happy?"

"Aww." Both of them were in union.

Aditya pats my chest. "Our one woman man."

"Proudly one." I pat his chest in return with a smile.

Sending them off with a goodnight, I meet daddu in his room, get roasted like a cashew on fire, just the usual and walk back to my suite.

I'm sure Esha would have changed by now. She had a set of people to help her with it. With all my heart I wanted to stop her from doing so; she looked majestic in red. Like the rarest red rose grown in the rough bough of the plant. One which even after all the ruckus she went through, relishes in innocence, realms in love, relies on hope and rises like the most beautiful perfection the race of humans ever saw.