CHAPTER 12 : There was something?

He was lazily sleeping on the bed, feeling so dizzy that he didn't want to wake up because last night he invited Kim over, and they ordered some barbecue pork to eat together, just the two of them. Plus, they drank several cans of beer each. This morning, he was left with a slight hangover. But luckily, he didn't have any work to do, so he just let himself lounge around like that. As for Kim, he just let him continue sleeping on the sofa downstairs. Just managing to carry his own body up to the bedroom on the fourth floor was already quite an impressive feat. If he had to bring his close friend up here too, he feared they might both fall down the stairs.

Buzz! Buzz!

Kan's phone vibrated, causing its sleepy owner to frown a little. Who would call this early in the morning? Usually he didn't get calls this often, but why on the morning when he was still hungover did God seem intent on teasing him?

"Hello,"

(Are you awake yet, little bro?)

"P'Book, is that you?"

(Yeah, not awake yet, huh? I'll call you back.)

"Uh, I'm awake, P', what's up?"

(Whatcha doing today?)

"Nothing. What's up, P'Book?"

(Wanna go eat something?)

"Sure, P'. Where?"

(Let's meet at Siam first; we can figure it out.)

"OK! See you there."

"Ugghhhhh!" Kan let out a loud groan as he twisted and turned, stretching his arms and legs before slowly sitting up on the bed. He reached over to grab the remote and turn off the air conditioner, then just sat there like that for a good while. Even though his eyes were open, it was as if his soul inside wasn't fully awake yet.

He summoned all the energy he had right now to get off the bed and go into the bathroom. He hoped an early morning cold shower would help relieve his dizzy, hungover feeling.

In just half an hour, he was dressed and ready. The scent of his body wash lingered as he walked downstairs. The smell woke Kim up from his spot on the sofa, and he couldn't help sniffing and twitching his nose. When he saw his friend dressed up so nicely, he couldn't help but be surprised.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Kim was a little bewildered because, in the past, when his good friend went out, he never seemed to dress up this nicely. Or was there something special he didn't know about?

"Going to Siam. P'Book asked me to eat," Kan said with a smile.

"Gotta dress up this nice for that?" Kim was even more bewildered. Usually, his friend didn't seem to care much about how he looked going out and about. But today, for some reason, he seemed extra excited. Maybe there was something he didn't know. But since his friend gave that reason, he chose to believe it rather than make his own assumptions.

"Watch the house for me," Kan said before walking out of the house. The Grab motorbike he had called pulled up right in front of the house just in time.

Kan jumped on the back of the motorcycle and put on the helmet the driver handed back to him. The driver took off immediately once he saw the passenger was settled. The forceful jerk as the motorbike sped off almost made Kan fall backwards until he grabbed onto the driver's shoulders. Once he steadied himself, he moved his hands to grab onto the back of the motorcycle instead.

The wind blew strongly along with the motorcycle's speed. Kan gripped tightly. He tried to keep his knees tucked in close together to avoid bumping the legs of cars next to him, like he had painfully experienced once before. Even though it might not seem like a big deal, it did cause quite a bit of pain.