CHAPTER 48 : Welcome

The sound of birds singing signaled that it was morning. Book slowly opened his eyes. He did not get much sleep last night, despite being exhausted from his activities before bedtime. It could be because it was unfamiliar, causing him to wake up frequently throughout the night.

He took his phone from the bedside table to check the time, as he had an appointment today to drive and pick up his friend from the airport. The plane was scheduled to land around eleven o'clock. It was seven o'clock in the morning, so he still had time.

"Kan, get up quick."

"Umm..."

Book turned to nudge Kan awake so they could go downstairs and eat the hotel's breakfast together. However, the other party appeared hesitant to get up, responding only with a grunt and remaining in bed.

As the older one, Book allowed the other to sleep for a little longer. As for himself, he got out of bed and went into the bathroom to brush his teeth, wash his face, and attend to his personal needs first. He had planned to take a shower right away, but he changed his mind because he realized it would take too long to finish showering and dressing. So he decided to only brush his teeth and wash his face. After breakfast, he would return to his room to shower and dress.

"Kan, wake up quickly. We'll be late."

Book called out to the younger one again. This time, the other party moved and sat up right away, his face slightly groggy but showing no signs of laziness.

"What time is it?" Kan asked with a hoarse voice.

"A little after seven."

"What time is your friend arriving?"

"Eleven o'clock."

"Oh."

"Get up, wash your face, and brush your teeth before we go eat."

"Umm..."

Kan nodded in response before getting out of bed and entering the bathroom. He did not take long to come out; his face was still damp, but he did not mind. He removed his sleepwear until he was only wearing his underwear, not feeling shy despite Book sitting nearby and watching him.

"Now there is nothing to be embarrassed about," Book teased.

"We have gotten this far. You saw a lot more last night, right? Why would I be shy?" Kan joked before turning to get a t-shirt and shorts out of his travel bag to change into.

"Let's go. "I am hungry," Book said as he stood up, seeing that the other had finished getting dressed.

They took the elevator down to the hotel's dining area, handed over their breakfast vouchers to the staff, and walked inside. The buffet line, with various dishes laid out, was overwhelming, making it difficult for them to decide what to eat. The dessert line piqued Kan's interest and appetite, almost making him want to skip the main course. He wanted to eat all of the mini cakes, tarts, brownies, and other sweet treats instead of breakfast. But he was concerned about getting a sugar rush, so he had to resist the temptation and go look at the savory dishes first.

Kan and Book separated to get the food they desired before returning to sit at an empty table. Their plates were similar, with an omelet, sunny-side-up eggs, ham, sausages, and two slices of toast topped with strawberry jam. However, Kan also had spaghetti with creamy mushroom sauce, whereas Book had cornflakes and milk.

"Will we be able to finish everything?" Book mumbled in complaint as he sat down at the table, realizing that the amount of food they had brought appeared to be excessive.

"We ate because we were hungry, right? Kan laughed slightly before taking a bite.

The two of them bowed their heads to eat their own breakfast because they wanted to hurry back up to their room, take a shower, and get dressed before going out to pick up Nun and Can, Book's friends, who were on their way.