Chapter 14 - Interlude

Dream paced back and forth in his room on the ship. He had just been informed of three things a few moments ago: Bitchy Becky and her friends were still alive, were going to be following him and the others, and they had taken Sobuki Seitoki. The last thing was not something he was too concerned with. He didn't need Sobuki, and the only reason he was at the same rank as Dream was because he had climbed the system the way he did.

Bitchy Becky was proving herself to be a more difficult foe than he had originally anticipated. She seemed like a ditzy little 19-year-old with no special powers or abilities. How, with a bad luck curse, has sheer luck been pulling her through everything thrown at her? It doesn't matter, she needed to be executed and that's what was important.

The God Dream followed and did work for wasn't the true God of this realm. They were merely just a very powerful entity. This entity, however, had managed to grow a (literal) cult following, and used that following to overthrow the true god of this universe. This entity sits on God's throne and plays its little games with humanity.

It's presumed this entity is from Hell in terms of origin, hence why the Shadow Wizard Money Gang views its cult as demonics, and why this entity can bestrow demon powers on humans on earth.

Dream had always been a favorite of this entity. When he was banished from the Shadow Wizards, he fell victim to "The Fellowship of the All-Knowing." That's what this following was called. Those who practiced magic before in the past were much more easily accepted here, and more importantly, more likely to be a favorite, to be able to ascend to the higher ranks.

Dream's first job as a higher "Agent of God" was to eliminate the threat looming over the entity of worship's head. A girl who had been born to a Japanese pop superstar and an emo hedgehog. Unassuming, but predicted to be able to finally end the reign of this entity and restore the one true God, Markiplier.

Yes. Markiplier is the real God in this universe.

This young girl, Bitchy Becky, would grow up to somehow be able to kill the false God. Nobody knows how, she was born completely powerless. But perhaps she'd attain power in her lifetime as she got older. Thus, they couldn't be too careful.

Dream never tried directly killing her in the earlier years of his mission. Which seems dumb, but the direct killing of the prophesied one may draw attention not only to Dream, but to the fellowship as a whole. Rather he attempted psychological tactics to get her to kill herself. Doing deeds like killing her family and getting one his fellow followers to date her and make her life living hell.

This obviously wasn't working yet, and The Entity was very impatient. So eventually, Dream put aside the fear of getting in trouble with the law and began officially pursuing Bitchy Becky herself. Unfortunately, all these years of stalling haven't really worked in his favor, because now she has the capacity to fight back. And worse, she has the power of friendship on her side, the worst kind of power.

This made the first thing he was told the worst news he could have received today.

There was good news in thing number two that Dream had been told, however, because getting Bitchy Becky to follow him could turn into a positive. Leading her to a location that could bring him a closer connection with The Entity to show it he has done his duty as a loyal follower. Areas commonly associated with death historically are places The Entities connection is at its strongest.

The catacombs beneath Paris. That's why he was headed there. He was already planning to head there after he killed a Bitchy Becky to report her death, but with her still being alive, he could perform a live execution for The Entity. It's favorite.

To Dream, it was moronic she thought she stood a chance against him. Due to being a high ranking follower of The Entity, he had otherworldly powers that allowed him to cheat death and defy gravity. She had nothing. Then, he wondered, how is she still alive?

There was mutual hatred between the two, and that was completely fair. Bitchy Becky was a threat to everything Dream stood for, and Dream had killed her family. They were two troubled individuals with their own personal reasons to pursue each other. The real question here remains, who will come out on top?