1

January 1st, 2023. — Wednesday
Location: Tampa, Florida - The Hospital.
Time: 9:00 am
POV: Renee.

Word Count: 1893

~~

"Heyy Mr. Johnson, how we feeling this morning?" I say w a smile, putting my gloves on.

Mr Johnson is a 78 y/o man who came into the hospital last week due to some heart problems, he has dementia and a few other things but if i'm being honest he's one of my funniest patients.

"I'm feeling fine, the mashed potatoes last night were— what y'all young folks say? mmmnnnn....smacking?"

I laugh softly. "Ok then."

I check his vitals , put in a order for some breakfast for him then help him get up to use the restroom.

"Now i heard you had a fall last night as well, your body feeling okay?"

"my ass hurt but you know i'm fine."

I just nod.

"Now...Renee is it?" He asks me as i stand up.

"Mhm."

"You remind me of this sweet thang i had back in the day... mmnnn mmnnn mnnn, lawd she sure knew what to do w that mouth. You married by any chance baby?"

I hold my laugh back. "Uhm no i'm not.."

"Mm..any kids?"

"A daughter. How about you Mr Johnson?"

"Oh i have 2 daughters."

"Mm how old are they?"

"23 and uhh..27."

"Okay okay i see you."

"Renee, Mama Fatu's here. She said she needa talk." My bestfriend Destiny said walking in the room. "Oh hey Mr Johnson, see you tonight!" She said before walking back out.

"Uhm i'll be right back okay?" I get up and head up to the front desk.

"What you doin here ?" I ask walking up to her.

"I'm sorry i know i really shouldn't be bothering you right now— i just, we're having a family reunion this friday. I want you to come with Kimora." Mama Fatu says and i instantly make a "girl wtf" face.

"Ouuu i don't know Mama Fatu..what if Joshua jus brings Kimora with him?" I lean on the desk.

"We want you to come as well, your family too."

"We?"

"Yes we. The family really wants to see you Renee."

"I'm still not sure..don't get me wrong i want Kimora around her family it's jus-"

"I know i know, but i promise you i'm not letting nothing happen while your there! I'll knock some sense into that boy before he even opens his mouth to say sumn to you."

I laugh a little. "Alright i'll come Mama Fatu."

"Good, it starts at 4. I'll see you friday then!" She says now giving me a hug.

"Byeee"

"Byeee!"

I sigh and turn around to see Destiny behind me.

"What happened?" She asks.

"Nun, jus got a family reunion to go to friday."

"Ohh..OHH."

"Mhm."

"Wait— i heard Joe just got divorced.." She says and i just look at her.

"Girl ain't you talking to that one nigga?"