Frigga Explains Alana's Ceremony

Chapter 29

Loki asked his mother, "Do you think that father will be able to witness Alana's transformation ceremony?" Frigga said, "I don't know my son. He might be able to hold on that long. I just don't know for sure." Loki said, "I hope that he can because I really want him to be there for us." Frigga said, "Maybe he will since he knows how much this means to you." Loki said, "Father said that he was going to push up the date of the coronation and the transformation ceremony for tonight. Instead of waiting two weeks as planned." Frigga answered, "Then he must plan on holding on to see Alana's transformation." Loki tells his mother that, "I offered to help father with the arrangements, but he refused my help." Frigga said, "I know my son, he wants to do this on his own because it will be his last royal duty before he goes to Valhalla." Loki looked down at the floor and his mother said, "Don't be sad my son. It's all part of life that we must accept. I never thought I would be losing my husband after so many years of marriage, but he has had a good life, my son. So, just think about those times and you will be able to take the throne."

Alana saw Loki's expression when his mother was talking about his father. She knew that Loki did care for his father even though he won't actually admit it. She knew that Loki was really going to need her in the next hours. Alana broke the silence by saying, "How long will the transformation ceremony take?" Frigga answered, "Not very long, just a few minutes. You will be a little weak from the transformation, but it won't last long." Alana asked Frigga, "Will I be crowned queen when Loki is crowned king of Asgard or how will that work?" Frigga said, "Once Loki is crowned king of Asgard, Odin will then crown you as his queen. The coronation and the wedding are the longest of the ceremonies."