Odin Collapses

Chapter 31

After the wedding, it was time for Loki's coronation. Frigga asks Odin. "How are you doing my love?" Odin coughed and answered, "I'm doing well my queen. I just have to hold out until the coronation of my son and the transformation of Alana becoming an immortal." With tears in her eyes, Frigga kisses her husband and says, "You will be fine my king." Odin got back on his throne and addressed the crowd, "Good people of Asgard, we now have the coronation of my son, Loki, to become king of Asgard and the new All Father." The crowd got quiet as the ceremony started. Odin tells Loki, "Come forward my son and let's begin your coronation." So, Loki approached the throne and stood before his father. Odin asks Loki, "Are you prepared to ascend to the throne?" Loki answers, "Yes father." Odin said, "Let's begin with the ceremony." Odin tells the crowd, "It is now time for my son, Loki to ascend to the throne." Odin steps down from the throne to stand before Loki. Odin says, "Loki, my son as king of Asgard, will you keep Asgard and the nine realms safe from danger?" Loki answered, "Yes father," Odin said, "Will you lead the people of Asgard towards peace and not war?" Loki answered, 'Yes father," Odin asks, "Will you stand by your queen and never forsake her in her time of need?" Loki answered, "Yes father." Odin then says, "I, Odin, the All Father herby crown you the new king of Asgard and the new All Father." Odin then handed Loki his staff, Gungnir making the coronation official. Odin says, "I present to you your new king of Asgard, King Loki," Odin motions for Alana to come and stand beside Loki, "and his queen Alana." The crowd clapped and cheered for Loki and Alana.

Just then Odin collapses and Loki, Alana and Frigga go running to him. Frigga said crying, "Oh, my husband, my king, don't leave me." Loki bent down to be beside his mother. Loki put his hand on Odin's to try and check for a pulse. Loki did find a pulse, but it was very weak. Loki tells his mother, "Mother, father is still alive but barely. We need to get him to the healers at once." Loki called the royal guards over to take his father to the healers. Loki started to turn and leave but Alana said, "Loki, you must say something to your people about your father." Loki looked at Alana and said, "You're right my queen but they are not just "my people" anymore, they are "our people". Alana answered, "Yes, you are right my king." So, Loki turns to his people and says, "Good people of Asgard, go to your homes and I will return to speak with you as soon as I know something." The crowd dispersed and went to their homes.