Odin Grows Weaker

Chapter 17

Odin asked, "When do you plan on making your courtship official?" Loki and Alana looked at each other. Then Loki said, "We haven't decided yet." Odin said. "You need to decide before your coronation, Loki." Loki answered, "We will father." Loki asked his mother, "Mother, could you cast a spell making Alana immortal?" Frigga's eyes got big and said, "Yes, son I could do that but are you sure that's what Alana wants?" Loki looked over at Alana. Then Alana answered, "Yes, your majesty, that's what I want." Frigga replied, "Well, if she desires it then yes, I can do it." Loki said, "Thank you mother." Frigga answered, "You are welcome, my son." Odin heard the conversation between Frigga and Loki and said, "That's never been done before especially on a Midgardian. How do you know if she can withstand your mother's magic?" Loki said, "Because I know how strong she is." Odin said, "Very well then, we will prepare for the transformation ceremony for the Midgardian at once. Until then go and spend time with each other. I will let you know when we are ready for the ceremony." Loki said, "Her name is Alana, father!" Odin said, "Of course, I meant Alana." So, Loki and Alana leave the throne room.

Loki and Alana walked away from the throne room. Loki told Alana, "I'm glad that you didn't tell my parents that you thought I was just joking when I said I wanted you to be my queen." Alana answered, "I told you that I wouldn't say anything to them but what are we going to do when your mother gets ready to perform the spell?" Loki answered, "Maybe by that time, I'll have your mind changed about becoming my queen." Alana said, "Loki, I have told you that I can't become your queen and that I have to go back to Earth."