Chapter Seventeen

Over the next couple of weeks, Abigail seen Eric quite a few times

Over the next couple of weeks, Abigail seen Eric quite a few times. He never really approached her or anything, but he seemed to be around a lot. She wasn't suspicious of him, mostly because every time she seen him, he was fixing his house or his car. He was always busy, something Abigail could admire.

The third week she seen him though, he happened to catch her eye. He smiled at her, and he looked just as friendly as he had when she met him. He still hadn't said a word to her, but she had a feeling it was because she had Jack. She didn't care though, she didn't want a relationship.

Though Abigail didn't want to be seen by her family, or any other supernatural creature that may try to hurt her or report back to her family, she still often let Jack play outside. She had actually built him a swing set, and he seemed to absolutely love it. She was definitely glad that he liked it, considering she had never built anything like that in her life.

Anyhow, since today wasn't too cold or too hot, Abigail let Jack play outside while she cleaned her car. She quite liked the independence she felt and had while away from everyone. Even the Winchesters didn't allow her to do everything on her own. If she tried to do anything on her car, Dean would take over.

"Mommy, I wan' ice cream." Jack called from the swing, causing the woman to smile to herself.

"I don't have any ice cream in the freezer, Jack, we'll have to wait until I go shopping." Abigail said, making her son pout.

Jack loved ice cream, so Abigail tried to have some around all the time. When she ran out, she'd have to wait until she went shopping. She always had to take a trip to a neighboring town with a small grocery store, so it wasn't the fastest or easiest thing for her to do. When she went shopping, she'd have to use extra magic to make herself and Jack seem as human as possible as they were on the move. That's why she tried to go shopping only once every two weeks or so.

"P'ease, can we get ice cream?" Jack asked, causing his mother to frown.

Jack walked up to her, and she crouched down to his height. She placed her hands on his shoulders, and gave him a loving smile. She loved her little boy more than anything in the world, so she hated telling him no. It was hard for her, because she knew it upset him, and upsetting him hurt her.

"Baby, you know it takes a lot of magic for Mommy to get us to and from the store without anyone finding us," Abigail sighed,"Mommy doesn't feel well after using so much magic, when she hasn't taken care of her other sides." She admitted, and he frowned.

"Why you not take care of your other sides?" He asked, causing her to smile sadly at him.

"Because one is dangerous, and the other would cause too much attention to be drawn to us. I can't chance anyone being drawn to us because of something foolish like turning into a giant dog." She replied, making him chuckle.

"Po'sicle?" He asked, and she nodded.

"That I can do." She answered, causing him to grin.

When Abigail stood up, she grasped Jack's hand and lead him to the porch. She turned around and pressed the lock button on her keys, then she turned back to her door. Before she could go inside, she caught sight of Eric staring towards her and Jack. She decided not to call attention to it, not until Jack was taken care of.

She brought him to the kitchen and grabbed him a cherry flavored popsicle, before she let him go back outside with her. She had him sit on the step on the porch, so he wouldn't run around and drop his popsicle. Once she knew he was occupied, she headed towards Eric. He had turned away when she had looked towards him, but she could tell that he kept glancing at them.

"Is there a reason you're watching me and my son?" Abigail asked, as she approached Eric with her arms crossed.

"Sorry," He blushed,"It's just—you're such a good mom. You and Jack catch my eye a lot with your interactions and stuff. Reminds me of my sister and mom." He admitted, and she bit her lip.

"You miss them?" She asked, feeling a bit bad for him.

"My mom passed from breast cancer when I was twenty," He sighed,"and my sister was in a car accident when she was nineteen and I was sixteen. A drunk driver hit her from the side, flipped her car six times, and she was pronounced dead on the scene. When she was eighteen, she had a daughter, but when she died her boyfriend took my niece, and I haven't seen her since." He said, making Abigail's heart shatter.

She wouldn't wish any of that on her worst enemy. She would be devastated if she lost Hayley or Hope, and she'd be even more devastated if Hope had a kid, and the kid disappeared after her death.

"Is that why you wanted to become a firefighter?" Abigail asked, and he nodded.

"As soon as I hit eighteen, I started training to be a firefighter." He answered, causing her to smile lightly.

"How long has it been since you seen your niece?" She asked,"If you don't mind me asking." She quickly added, hoping to not upset him.

"Five years," He replied,"She wasn't quite a year old when she disappeared. She'll be five in a couple weeks."

"I'm sorry this happened to you, Eric." She commented, and he smiled sadly.

"Life happens, and you can't exactly change it. I just wish I'd get to see her again, and know if she's okay." He said, making her frown.

Unbeknownst to him, he had given her something to research for the next couple of days to stay busy. If she could find the little girl, she could possibly reconnect him with his niece. Even if she wasn't too sure about Eric, she knew if she was in his shoes, she'd want someone to do this for her. She just hoped the little girl was safe and healthy...