Chapter Thirty Two

One week later, Klaus had Abigail move Eric into the compound

One week later, Klaus had Abigail move Eric into the compound. Eric wasn't too excited about it at first, but Abigail made it known that the move was for his safety. He agreed to move into the compound, even though it was a bit nerve wrecking for him on the first few days.

Eric had to move into Abigail's room with her, since Jack had taken one of the last rooms in the compound. Klaus wasn't too excited about it, and neither was Kol, Marcel, or Elijah, but Rebekah, Freya, Davina, and Hayley made them get over it. Eric was Abigail's boyfriend afterall, and she had confessed to her family that she did love him.

After Abigail moved Eric into the compound, she contacted Sam and Dean. She told them about Chuck and everything he had said about Lucifer. The boys promised that they'd be in New Orleans within the next few days to help her get ready for whatever Lucifer was planning. They figured if Chuck warned her, that meant that Lucifer would be attacking soon.

Mary Winchester and Castiel would be coming with them, since the two could help with Lucifer. Mary had suggested asking for help from a few people she knew, but Sam and Dean didn't trust the people, so neither did Abigail. She warned the brothers that if Mary told anyone about her son, she'd kill her, and the boys swore she wouldn't, not unless it was pulled from her brain through force.

The Winchesters and Castiel would be staying in the home Abigail still owned. Eric hadn't sold his home either, considering he didn't want to be homeless if they broke up, or if her father kicked him out for some reason. Her father really didn't like him, but that was only because he was human, that and he knew Klaus would never think any guy was good enough for his daughter.

Jack liked having Eric around. Eric and Jack had the same energy, so the two would run around and play together for hours. It was definitely something Abigail enjoyed to watch, and Klaus would sometimes watch for a while from the perch near his room. Even though he wouldn't admit it outloud, he did see how good Eric was for his daughter and grandson.

When Eric had to go to work, Marcel or Klaus would put a vampire or hybrid on watch. They would be told to watch Eric at all times, and report back if something suspicious was going on. If Eric was in danger, they had to save him. If anything happened to Eric, it would be their head on a spike, after dealing with Marcel or Klaus and Abigail. Abigail was very scary when she was angry, and all the supernatural creatures that were around New Orleans knew that for a fact.

Abigail had a feeling that Lucifer would be attacking soon, and she was on high alert. Jack was not allowed out of her sight, unless he was with her father. Truth be told, Klaus was the only other person Abigail trusted to completely protect her son. Nobody else would be able to protect Jack like she and her father would.

She trusted the Winchester boys though, so once they arrived, she'd allow Jack to be around them without her breathing down their neck. Sam and Dean knew how to protect themselves from Lucifer, and they'd be able to protect Jack. Her father may not have known how to protect himself from Lucifer, but she knew he'd tear the earth apart and burn it all to ash for the ones he loved.

Abigail had learned her strength and determination from her father. She never let anyone hurt the ones she loved, and she was willing to crawl through Hell for them. She learned just how important a child could be to a parent, like she had been to Klaus, as had Hope. Hope was the only other person that ever meant as much as Abigail did to Klaus, and when Jack came along, the little boy meant just as much as his mother.

About a week ago, Jack started having trouble sleeping in his own room. Abigail had a feeling that it was because he knew something that was going to happen. He would tell her that he was having nightmares, but she wasn't sure if that was completely true. For all she knew, he could be seeing visions of the future in his sleep, and it was scaring him.

She tried asking him about his dreams, but all he would tell her was that he was scared. One night she had actually gotten him to talk a little bit about his dreams, and he barely told her much, but what he did say was that his 'bad daddy' was in the dreams.

Abigail let him stay with her and Eric at night, on the nights he couldn't go back to sleep in his own room. She would bring him to his room and lay with him until he fell asleep, or until he cried enough and refused to sleep until she brought him back to her room. It was a pain, but she realized that it pointed out to her that her suspicions were more likely than before.

She really needed to worry about Lucifer showing up soon. She hoped the Winchesters and Castiel would arrive soon. If she was lucky, they'd help her and her family defeat Lucifer, if she wasn't, she'd die trying to protect her son. She really worried about them, but that was to be expected.

Abigail hoped like hell that everything would turn out right. She wanted everyone to live, and she wanted Lucifer to go back in the pit. If Lucifer lived and took her son's grace, then everyone would be as good as dead. She couldn't put her family through that. She almost contemplated running away with Jack again, but she knew that would hurt everyone more. She just had to train until the very last minute to beat the one person that could ruin her entire existence...