Chapter Thirty Three

Two days later, Sam and Dean arrived in New Orleans with their mother and Castiel

Two days later, Sam and Dean arrived in New Orleans with their mother and Castiel. Cas seemed to be geared up and ready to fight, but Mary didn't seem to be as enthusiastic. She seemed a little hesitant if anything, which bothered Abigail. The girl didn't want anyone there that was going to potentially be an issue for her and her family.

Once the Winchesters were settled, Abigail decided to introduce Eric to them properly.  She explained to the boys that she had told Eric the truth, and he had stuck by her after hearing everything. He had even moved in with her, which Dean wasn't too excited about. Dean was definitely the overprotective brother, much like Marcel, so it made sense when he wasn't too happy about Eric staying in the same room with her.

Abigail and Dean had sat down and talked it out though. She explained to Dean that Eric was really good with Jack, and very understanding and caring with both of them. She told her brother that she truly loved Eric, and that she really wished for Dean to accept him. Dean agreed reluctantly, since he didn't want to make the girl upset. He did love her like she was his little sister afterall, and he didn't want to upset his little sister.

"Sam and I can train him a bit, if you want." Dean offered, and Abigail frowned.

"When you say it like that, it makes Eric sound like a dog that needs to be house trained." Abigail commented, causing Dean to chuckle.

"I don't see a difference than," He retorted, making her glare at him,"Fine, sorry. If you want, you can let him know that Sam and I are willing to teach him a thing or two about monsters."

"I'll need you guys to come to the compound if you do teach him anything. Dad doesn't really want any of us out unless we absolutely have to. He barely let me go out today to see you guys," She sighed,"Also, we'll be starting our training and planning in two days, so be ready. Dad wants us all to meet at the compound at nine in the morning." She said, and Dean nodded.

"Is Eric home now?" Sam asked, as he entered the room, and Abigail nodded.

"Text him," Dean commented,"Let him know our offer. If he says yes, we'll head over now."

Abigail texted Eric, and within five minutes, he answered her back. He agreed to being taught a little bit, and she was grateful that he had agreed. She had been worried that he'd want to stay out of it all for the most part.

"He agreed," Abigail announced to the guys,"Get ready and we'll go."

Dean and Sam went to their bags to grab a few things that they believed would help them train Eric. Castiel had also agreed to go, since he believed Eric could learn some stuff about the angels and demons, especially the most important parts that were going on around him.

"Eric! We're home!" She exclaimed, as she entered the compound.

When she didn't recieve an answer from him, her eyebrows furrowed and she called for him again. The problem was, she hadn't heard him when he called back to her. He hadn't been loud about it, since there really wasn't much air left in his lungs. He was dying, and she didn't know it.

"I smell blood." Abigail murmured, her heart skipping a beat almost immediately after she said that.

"We need to find him." Dean said, and she nodded quickly.

The four split up, and Dean was the one to find him first. Dean called for Abigail, and with her vampire speed, she was in the room in seconds. Her heart shattered when she seen what was in front of her. There laid Eric, blood covering his body, as his chest was completely still. There wasn't a rise or fall in his chest, and she couldn't hear his heartbeat.

"Oh my god." She whimpered, as she practically threw herself to the ground beside him.

She pulled his head up on her lap, as tears swelled in her eyes. She bit her wrist and tried to get him to drink the blood, but nothing happened, and her wound closed without any issue. Abigail cried, as she held Eric's hand with one of hers, and caressed his face with her other hand.

"God, I knew I shouldn't have brought you into this," Abigail cried,"I knew my life was way too dangerous for you. You were only human, I knew that, but I let myself look passed it. I let love take over, and I knew I shouldn't have. Dad always told me that love was a vampire's greatest weakness, and in this moment, I truly see what he meant."

"Can you do anything Cas?" Sam asked, but the angel shook his head.

"If I would have found him five minutes ago, I would have been able to save him, but it's too late now." He replied, and Abigail's heart truly shattered in that moment.

"I'm sorry, Abby." Dean said, as he crouched down to her side, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I need to know who did this." Abigail stated, feeling many bad emotions bubbling up inside of her.

"No need," Dean and Abigail's heads quickly snapped towards the doorway,"I've taken care of them myself. It seems I can't trust all my day walkers, but don't worry, Eric's not dead, and Klaus has Jack, so he's safe and away from all of this." Marcel commented, making the girl frown.

"He doesn't have a heartbeat, and I couldn't get him to drink my blood to heal him." Abigail retorted, still feeling angry at the world.

"I've been slipping a few drops of blood in his smoothie every morning before work,"  Marcel replied,"and if I didn't, Klaus did. We knew how important Eric was to you, and we didn't want you to lose him."

She just hoped that he'd wake up soon, because seeing him dead scared her more than she ever could've imagined...