Chapter Twenty Six

After about an hour of her being back at home, Eric had to run for an emergency call

After about an hour of her being back at home, Eric had to run for an emergency call. Then Castiel called and told them that something was going on that needed their attention. Apparently, it wasn't something that could wait, which made Abigail mad, since she wanted to spend time with Dean and Sam, as did Jack.

Abigail needed the distraction of the boys being in her home, or having Eric around, but neither was able to happen. Only Jack was around, and until Abigail trusted him outside with his truck, she had him driving it around inside after she cleared out an area. While Jack was driving his car around in circles, learning the controls, Abigail decided to get a quick shower. It wasn't like Jack could seriously hurt himself while playing with his truck, considering he was part angel, part vampire, part werewolf, and possibly part witch.

After her shower, she quickly slipped on some clothes, before heading to the kitchen to start making food. She needed to find a place to go with Jack, if she had been seen. She couldn't be sure if it was really true, or if it was all in her head because she was worried. She just hoped like hell that it was all in her head.

When lunch was almost ready, Abigail called for her son to come to the kitchen. She asked him to wash his hands, and once his hands were washed, she let him take a seat at the table. He knew the routine by heart now, which was something Abigail was definitely proud of.

"Jack, do you want cheddar and sour cream chips or barbecue--" Abigail began, but she was cut off by a knock at the door.

She didn't think much of it. Her mind had already somewhat wandered off of Marcel, so she figured it was Eric. Worse case scenario, it could've been one of Eric's friends to tell her that something happened to him. Abigail walked to the door and opened it with a slight smile, but it quickly dropped when she seen who was at the door.

"Dad?" Abigail barely murmured, feeling her heart start to beat quickly.

"Hello, Abigail," He looked deep into her eyes,"May we come in?" He asked, and quickly Abigail realized more than just her father had found her.

"Y-yeah, come in." She answered, her nerves feeling as though they were going to rip her in half.

Her family, minus a couple people, entered her house and looked around as they stepped through the door. Abigail was terrified. They had found her, and though she knew they wouldn't hurt her, she didn't know what they'd do about Jack or anything else she had kept hidden.

"Have you been hiding here this entire time?" Rebekah asked, her voice sounding hurt.

"No, I came back here only a few weeks ago." Abigail replied, keeping her answer brief and simple.

"Why'd you run away?" Freya asked,"Whatever made you run, we could've helped you." She commented, but Abigail shook her head.

"No, you couldn't have. I had way too much going on for you to handle. You guys are already handling so much, that I didn't want to pile more on your plates." She said, making the others frown.

"What--" Klaus began, but was cut off by Jack.

"Mommy." Jack murmured, as he ran over and wrapped his arms around her leg.

"Mommy?" Marcel questioned, though his voice was almost a whisper from the shock.

"Is this what you were hiding?" Davina asked, and Abigail sighed.

"It's much more complicated than that." Abigail answered, making her father narrow his eyes.

"Then simplify it," He growled,"Tell us why you ran, why you kept this from us, and who the father is."

"Niklaus," Elijah scolded,"Maybe you should calm down. You'd rather not upset the child."

Klaus took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. Once he believed he was calm enough not to kill an entire city, he motioned for Abigail to begin her story. So, Abigail grabbed Jack's plate and put some chips on it, before she brought it with her to the living room, as well as a juice box. She set the plate on the table in the living room, and Jack quickly sat on the floor by the table to eat.

"I was pregnant with Jack when I left, and I'm sorry for not telling you all." Abigail said, as she looked away from them.

"That's impossible, he has to be at least three years old." Kol commented, and Abigail nodded.

"He is," Abigail sighed,"I really messed up when I went out with Kol, and I know I did. I met this guy, and I slept with him," Klaus cringed,"I found out I was pregnant and I decided that I didn't want to get rid of my baby. I didn't know what to do, but I didn't want to disappoint you guys. So, I packed up and left. A bit later, I met these two guys, and they told me that my baby was dangerous. I was confused, and I know I was angry. The two brothers brought their friend, an angel, and he told me about my baby. They brought to this bunker, 'cause they wanted to kill my baby, and they didn't care if that meant me, too," Klaus growled again,"I stayed with them, and the angel protected me. Apparently my baby talked to him, showed him the good. I gave birth to the baby, and I died. So, now I'm not how I used to be. My baby knew I couldn't raise a baby when so many evil things were after us, so he aged until he hit three." She explained, hoping her family wouldn't hate her and her son.

"Who's Jack's father, Abigail?" Elijah asked, and the girl felt her eyes begin to water, knowing the truth would hurt them.

"Lucifer," She murmured,"The legitimate devil is my baby's father; making my baby part archangel, part vampire, part werewolf, and part witch."