Chapter Nineteen

Abigail had watched Eric find the note, and when he looked completely freaked out by it, she decided it was best to compel him

Abigail had watched Eric find the note, and when he looked completely freaked out by it, she decided it was best to compel him. She made him forget the note, and made him believe that he had found all the information on his own. It worked better than him freaking out over it and trying to figure out who put it in his truck.

After compelling Eric, he seemed to get more comfortable around her, which was definitely weird. He often greeted her in the morning before work, and when he got home, he'd sometimes stop and talk to her about his day or hers. She didn't try to become close to him, but as days passed, she couldn't deny that he was becoming a friend.

Sometimes, Eric would talk to Jack, but Abigail kept their interactions far and in-between. She still didn't trust him too much, considering he was working in the French Quarter, and could easily get her and her son found and possibly punished or put in a lot of danger. She knew her family wouldn't purposely hurt her, but there was definitely some supernatural creatures that wanted to.

Anyhow, not much came from Eric's knowledge on his niece. He didn't find her, he was too busy with work, but he wanted to find her soon. He actually confided in Abigail about this, but she really didn't know what to tell him. If she was honest, she would've went and grabbed the little girl, but she wasn't human, so she couldn't exactly get in trouble for doing so. Honestly though, if Eric asked for her help to get Rickie, she would without a doubt. Children were definitely her weakness, and she would do whatever she could to save them.

Dean and Sam contacted Abigail often to see how she was doing, and see if she was still safe with Jack. If she wasn't, they would come and get her and her son. They'd keep the two safe in the bunker, even if that put them in danger protecting the mother and son. Abigail always promised she and Jack were safe, but that also meant she never told them about her attractive next door neighbor that was completely human, but just a little suspicious.

Abigail never learned to really trust any humans. They were used as pawns, but sometimes they could be dangerous. Even the Winchesters were dangerous at one point in time, but they did eventually become like family to her. Honestly, she didn't completely count them as one hundred percent human, since they hunted supernatural creatures, were beyond smart in many things, and happened to come back from the dead more than any human should.

"Hey Abby," Eric greeted, as he stepped out of his truck after a long day of work,"I was wondering if you two, maybe, wanna have dinner with me tonight?" He asked, seeming quite nervous.

Abigail didn't know it, but Eric was definitely crushing on her. He believed she was a normal, everyday single mother. He thought she was beautiful and smart, and her son was one of the nicest kids he'd ever met. He admired them both a lot, and that was one of the many reasons he started to develop feelings for Abigail.

"I don't know..." Abigail trailed off, unsure of accepting such an offer.

He was human, and he didn't know about her and Jack's true identities. Eric didn't know that she was one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet. He didn't know that she could kill him with a snap of her finger if she really wanted to. It was something she planned to always hide from the man, but she was scared that accepting dinner could open a door for him finding out about the supernatural world.

"I was thinking pizza," He said,"it's one of my few cheat days." He added, making her bite her lip.

"Are you sure?" She asked,"I don't want us to be a burden." She commented, causing him to smile.

"You two would never be a burden to me," He replied,"I like you guys."

Abigail reluctantly agreed, mostly because she didn't want to upset Jack. He had walked over to them right when Eric mentioned pizza, and Jack really liked pizza. She didn't often buy pizza, since she didn't want people coming up to her house, especially people she didn't know at all.

"What do you eat on your pizza?" Eric asked, as he lead the mother and son to his front door.

"Jack eats sausage, and I eat Hawaiian." She replied, causing him to smirk.

"You're one of those people that eat pineapple on pizza." He commented, and she shrugged.

"You should try it before you say you don't like it." She said, making him scoff.

"I can tell you almost indefinitely that I will not like pineapple on my pizza." He retorted, and she laughed.

Abigail made him promise to try the pizza, and she almost laughed at the surprised look on his face when he took a bite of the pizza and liked it. She offered him a few slices of her pizza, considering she doubted she'd really eat much of it once she finished eating dinner. It wasn't often that she ate leftover food, since she didn't like the taste of most foods when they were reheated.

"This was fun." Eric commented, and Abigail nodded slightly.

"Jack definitely enjoyed himself." She replied, smiling at the little boy that was slipping on his shoes.

"We should do this again sometime. Maybe I can take you two out to dinner or something." He said, making her stomach practically do a flip.

She didn't know how to feel about that. She couldn't bring herself or her son out in public unless it was completely necessary. She didn't want to risk it, but at the same time, she wondered what could possibly happen. Nobody had come and threatened them, so she was starting to believe that she and Jack were safe in New Orleans. Maybe she could see her family again, if all things went well with Eric—if she even decided that she and Jack would go...