Superstition

"Dammit, an artery blew." Elijah cursed as he and Dakota stood in surgery.

"Dr. Madden, her pressure is dropping" a nurse said

"I can't find see, there's too much blood. Shep, more suction"

Dakota moved forward and did as told as the monitor started beeping erratically. "She's crashing!"

After a few moments, the patient flatlined and Elijah let out a deep breath as a scrub nurse removed his head lamp.

"Time of death..."

⚕️

Dakota walked with her friends and Bailey through the halls. All of them had lost a patient.

"Where are we going?" Meredith asked

"ER" Bailey responded

George furrowed his brows "All of us?"

"We've all had deaths. Let's all go save a life." Bailey tells

As they walk past the nurses station, Addison stops them.

"Uh, Dr. Bailey." Addison hands the woman a cup "Here you go"

"What's this?" Bailey asked

"Juju" Dakota says as Addison hands her a cup as well.

"Hot cocoa. It's a little ritual we had in New York. Four surgeries, four deaths, I figure we could all use a little good juju." Addison tells Bailey

"And cocoa equals Juju how?" Bailey questions, making Dakota rapidly shake her head from behind Addison.

"Hey! Don't question the cocoa" Addison says "Carry on"

Dakota looks at Addison "I told you it's weird"

"What's weird?" Elijah asks as he approaches them

Dakota turns to him "Don't ask or you'll get roped into it too"

Addison shoots her a look as she stops Meredith and hands her a cup. Dakota raises her brow at the interaction "Here, thanks for your help this morning"

Meredith hesitate takes the cup "thanks" she glances at Dakota and the brunette shrugs.

Meredith walks off with Bailey and the other interns.

"You jujued Meredith" Dakota says

Addison nods "I did"

"Juju?" Elijah asks

Dakota pinches the bridge of her nose as Addison smiles and hands him a cup " Yep, tradition in New York. Hot cocoa is juju"

"I don't-" Elijah starts

"Just take the juju, Eli. Or she won't leave you alone" Dakota mutters

Elijah looks at her for moment before looking back at Addison "Thank you"

"Yeah. Oh, um by the way yours isn't Cocoa. Dakota has always had matcha as her juju since she doesn't like hot cocoa and since you two are a team I figured you could have the same juju" Addison smiles

Dakota hums as she takes a sip from her cup.

"That's good, I don't like cocoa either" Elijah nods "Thanks Addison"

Addison smiles and walks away from the two as Dakota turns to Elijah "I tried to warn you"

Elijah hums "Eli?"

"What?"

"You called me Eli. Nobody calls me Eli" He says

Dakota shakes her head "I'm sorry I-"