Invest in love

"Get up Skywalker, you have your last physical therapy session today" Elijah said as he nudged Dakota awake.

"Skywalker?"

"Yeah. Like Star Wars. You know how in the revenge of the sith, Anakin falls into the lava and gets..." Elijah pauses "I- that was- I'm sorry"

Dakota gave him a blank stare before she burst into a fit of laughter, finally sitting up in her bed "That's horrible"

Elijah grinned sheepishly "You're a Jedi"

"Get out" Dakota said throwing a pillow at him.

"Ow, okay fine, just-" another pillow hit him "Stop throwing pillows and get up"

He stopped at the door "And may the force be with you"

Dakota threw another pillow but Elijah closed the door before it could hit him.

***

The door to Meredith and Derek's bedroom swung open to reveal Dakota.

"Get up" Dakota instructed her brother

Derek looks at the girl "This is my bed"

"Well, right now, I need to talk to my friend. Get up"

Derek and Dakota stare at eachother for a moment before the former groans and trudges out of bed.

Dakota smirks before throwing herself into bed next to Meredith as Derek leaves the room grumbling to himself.

"What's going on?" Meredith asks the brunette

"I'm living with Eli ma she's being all stupid and perfect. He cooks and helps me with my physical therapy and tries to make me feel better about looking like fried chicken." Dakota rants "Oh, and he walks around shirtless, he's built like a Greek god"

Meredith looks over at Dakota with a grin "You like him"

Dakota huffs "Well obviously, it's just getting a lot harder to hide it."

"You weren't very good at hiding it in the first place. At least...not to other people" Meredith chuckles

"Mer! You're not helping!" Dakota huffs as she throws the covers over her head "what am I gonna do?"

"You could always tell him" the dark blonde suggests

Dakota groans and rolls out of the bed "I should've talked to Cristina. You're all happy and Married"

***

"Dr. D!"

A smile formed on Dakotas face at the name and she turned to see Arizona, Charles, Jackson, Lexie, and Cristina standing with a small boy who had on a lab coat.

"Dr. Wallace! How are you doing this morning?" Dakota asked

Wallace beamed at the girl "Great! Dr. Robbin's is helping me with math this morning"

"That's great bud."

"What are you doing here?" Wallace's eyes lit up "do you get to join us for rounds?"

Dakota gave him a small smile "I wish I could. I'm actually here for my last physical therapy session."

"Is your hand all better?"

"My hands all better." Dakota glanced at Arizona and the other doctors that were watching the interaction "Hey, how about you go finish rounds. I'll try and stop by to see you later"

"Okay! Bye Dr. D" Wallace waved at her

"Bye Dr. Wallace"

The group walked away as Elijah approached Dakota.