Winning a battle, losing the war

Dakota walked with her brother down the street with a cup of tea in her hands. They stopped at a a crossing next to Dr. Bailey.

"Good morning, Dr. Bailey" Dakota smiled at the woman.

Bailey held her hand up "Shut up"

Dakota looks over at Derek with furrowed brows and the man shrugs.

"I know I've forgotten something, something is happening today, I know I should know what it is, but I just can't..." Bailey shakes her head

"Alright, nice talking to you Dr. Bailey" Derek says as the woman keeps muttering to herself.

Derek and Dakota walk forward to cross the road but Bailey gasped and pulled them back as bikers race past and start crashing.

"Now I remember" Bailey says as they continue to dodge the bikes that came barreling past them.

⚕️

The interns and Bailey rush down the halls.

"Fools on bikes killing themselves. Natural selection is what it is." Bailey says

Alex leans in next to Dakota "What's up with the Nazi? She off her meds?"

Dakota shakes her head and pushes his face away from her "You never heard of the race?"

They approach the Chief and as they walk past him Bailey calls over her shoulder "Chief! Dead baby bike race started twenty minutes ago."

"All right, people! Dead baby bike race day!" Webber announces as an intern stars wiping the OR schedule clean.

"Every year this bar-" George starts explaining to Alex.

"The dead baby bar." Meredith interrupts

"Every year they hold this underground bike race" George says as Elijah falls in step with the group.

"Good morning." He says before turning to Dakota "I heard you and Derek were almost taken down by the bikers"

Dakota purses her lips "Never had that problem while living in New York"

Elijah chuckles "Just making your life more interesting"

The group arrives right outside the ER door and they start putting on trauma gowns.

"I have no problem with life being more interesting, but I have to be alive for that to happen" Dakota tells him as he ties her trauma gown.

He turns around as she ties his gown "Fair point"

"Okay people, the rules of trauma. Don't mingle with the ER interns, they don't know their ass from their oesophagus. Sew fast, discharge fast, take bodies up to the OR yesterday. Don't let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it? Come on, let's go." Bailey says

The group pushes into the ER and see injured bike riders everywhere.

"Oh, it's like candy, but with blood, which is so much better." Cristina says

the paramedics rush in with someone on a gurney...one of the paramedics was holding an arm.

"Shep, you're with me. Come on" Elijah says as they rush into a trauma room.

"Bitch" Cristina and Izzie mutter to Dakota, causing the brunette to laugh as she follows Dr. Madden into the trauma room

"Is the arm a match?" Elijah asks

Dakota inspects the arm and nods "Looks like it. It's a clean cut, we can reattach it"

"Then let's get him into an OR"