Invasion

Dakota stared at the two different sets of scrubs that had been laid out on her bed. One set was light blue, her Seattle Grace scrubs. The second, Orange, her Mercy West scrubs.

She had been trying to decide which ones to wear. Eventually everyone was going to be in the blue scrubs but they were on back order which meant for the time being, the Mercy Westers would still be in their Orange scrubs.

"Ace, you ready to go?"

Elijahs voice coming from her living room snapped Dakota out of her thoughts. She grabbed a pair of scrubs and quickly got changed before exiting her room.

"Why are you so happy?" Dakota questioned, noting the smile on Elijah's face.

Elijah looked at her "Because you- those are horrible"

Dakota rolled her eyes and looked down at her scrubs "I know, the orange isn't my personal favorite but whatever"

"Don't you have blue scrubs?" Elijah questioned, handing Dakota a cup of tea.

"I do, but I'm a Mercy Wester now. I'm not going to wear blue scrubs until they have them" the brunette explains "now what's with the smile?"

"I'm just excited to have my ace back in the ER with me" Elijah told her.

***

"Theres never anything good playing on these TVs"

Meredith looks over and smiles when she sees Dakota leaning against the door frame for her hospital room.

"How are you feeling?" Dakota asked

"I'm fine. I'm going a little crazy sitting here while the merger is happening. What are the mercy westers like? Are they awful?" Meredith asked

Dakota sighed "None of them have tried to get me fired so..."

Meredith pursed her lips and her eyes landed on Dakotas scrubs "What are wearing? Why aren't you wearing our scrubs"

"You know, I've been friends with one of them since high school? Yeah, he's a total douche but I love him to bits."

Meredith frowned "What's your point?"

"My point, is that he's family. They are family" Dakota told her "You guys are my family too"

"But?"

"But...I don't feel safe being back here, my job doesn't feel safe. I feel like an outsider here, just like they do."

Meredith shook her head "You aren't an outsider, Ko. You belong here and you're job is safe"

"I lost it once, I can lose it again" Dakota said simply "Get some rest"

***

The doors to the ER swung open, drawing Elijah's attention from the group stood in front of him.

A smile worked its way to his face as Dakota entered and took her place next to Jackson.

"Where do you want us?" Cristina asked

Owen sighed and looked around "Anywhere is good at this point"

"At Mercy West we did zones" Jackson informed the two attendings.

Dakota nodded "When it's super busy, we just give everyone a zone, a space."

"The nurses put a person in that space, You know it's your patient." Jackson continued

"Helps you get to them quicker"