Where the boys are

Dakota sat on Elijah's couch with Milo on her lap while Elijah packed for a camping trip with Derek.

"Camping? You're going camping?"

Elijah looked at Dakota and chuckled at the look on her face "I am. Derek invited and I have been camping in a while"

Dakota scrunched her nose "In a while? Is camping something you used to do regularly?"

"Yeah"

"You voluntarily go camping? With the sleeping outside, the bugs, and dirt?" Dakota questioned

Elijah sat down next to Dakota, making Milo sprawl across both of them "You and Derek are so different"

Dakota hummed "Good"

She looked over and smiled at him. Elijah looked down at her. They fell into a comfortable silence and held each other's gaze. 

Elijah went to say something but a loud honk from outside cut him off.

Dakota cleared her throat and stood up "Sounds like Derek's here"

"Yeah" Elijah muttered to himself as Dakota walked toward the door. He sighed and followed behind her with Milo trailing after him.

"Why are you here? Don't tell me you're coming too?" Derek asked as Dakota opened Elijah's front door. "There's already too many-"

"You have known me for 27, almost 28, years and you think I'm gonna go camping? Are you sure you're qualified to be a brain surgeon?" Dakota scoffs

Elijah approaches behind her "She's going to watch my dog while I'm gone, I was just making sure she knew what to do."

Dakota shifted awkwardly on her feet and glanced back at him before clearing her throat "Well, I need to get to work...you guys have fun pretending to be mountain men" she said grabbing her bag off of the coat hook and bending down to Milo "I will see you later"

She pushed past Derek and walked to her car. The two men watched her walk away and Derek turned back to Elijah with a quirked eyebrow "Did I interrupt something?"

Elijah gave Derek a look "I'm not talking to you about this"

"Ah, so there is something to talk about?"

Elijah walked away and grabbed his stuff "let's just go camping"

⚕️

"Derek's camping. Taking time, getting space." Meredith said as she, Dakota, Cristina, and Izzie looked at the OR board.

"Prestons do not go into the woods. A guy named Preston is going to get his ass kicked by a squirrel." Cristina says

Izzie glances at them "It's basically a slumber party. We do it inside, they do it outside. That's the only difference."

Mark walks up to them "Have you seen what's his face?"

Dakota gives him a look "you mean Alex Karev?

Mark hums "Poor bastard seems to get a thrill out of tagging along after me."

"He's camping" Meredith tells him

"Well in that case how would you like to get a thrill out of tagging along after me?" Mark asks Dakota "Maddens not here to trap you in the ER"

Dakota purses her lips "Bailey makes the assignments"

"Dr. Bailey says it's fine. Go"

Dakota sighs and takes the chart from Mark as he grins at her.

"Daniel Gibson, 34, SRS" Dakota reads