Misery business

"Unless you're here to tell me I can go home, get out" Dakota said as Derek walked into her hospital room.

Derek shook his head "But I brought you a muffin"

Dakota pursed her lips "I suppose you can stay"

"You spend most your time in the hospital anyway"

"Working is different than just sitting and wasting away in-"

"I slept with Meredith" Derek cut her off

Dakota sat up "Okay, so we're done with me now...come here"

Derek hesitantly moved forward and Dakota flicked him in the forehead causing him to wince.

"You are married and Married is dating what's his face."

"Finn?"

Dakota scrunches her nose "His name is Finn? I through it was David"

Derek shook his head and laughed "That's not even close"

"I stopped paying attention to her rants about her love life along time ago. If I can't have one, I don't want to constantly hear about everyone else's" Dakota shrugs

"Where did the name David even come from?"

"That's a good question."

A gentle knock was heard at the door and the siblings glanced over to see Elijah standing in the doorway.

"Please tell me I'm getting discharged" Dakota asked hopefully

Elijah pursed his lips "Technically speaking you could be allowed to leave tomorrow.."

"But?"

"But, you live alone. Dr. Torres and I are worried about your leg. You need someone to help you" Elijah explained

Dakota frowned "I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself"

"Dakota, I'm serious. As of right now you can't walk for extended periods of time without some sort of support."

Dakota huffed and sunk back into her bed "Yeah, okay."

"Dakota-" Derek started

"Just- I'm tired, can you guys leave."

Derek pursed his lips and nodded at Elijah gesturing for him to step outside.

The two men left the room and closed the door behind them.

"Look, I think all of this would be easier on her if she was able to go home. Maybe you or Addison could stay with her for a bit, just until her leg is stronger." Elijah suggested

Derek shook his head "bad idea. A couple of years ago she got her appendix removed, Addison and I tried helping her afterwards...she was very close to killing us. Dakota loves us but only in very small doses"

Elijah sighs "is there anyone else you can think of? preferably someone she won't kill"

Derek shakes his "no, but I'll think about it and get back to you"

⚕️

Cristina rushes into Dakotas room, quickly closing the door behind her and letting out a deep breath.

"Well if it isn't the dirty stripper. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Cristina turns to face Dakota and huffs "Burkes mother is...how do you know about the stripper thing?"

Dakota shrugs "Tyler comes in every other hour to update me on things going on around the hospital. I also know about the bulletin board panties"

"They weren't mine"