What i am

TW: Brief mentions of miscarriage. Reader discretion is advised.

Dakota looked over at Meredith in concern as the woman took a big gulp from a bottle of pepto bismol.

"Mer? You alright over there?" The brunette questioned.

"I'm just...not feeling myself. How's your leg doing?" Meredith asks with a slight groan as she sits on the bench next to Dakota

The brunette shrugs "I don't need the crutch anymore and I can put pressure on my leg for longer periods of time."

Alex looks away from his locker and down at Dakota "That's a good thing, right? Why do you look so...miserable?"

Dakota sighs "...Callie told me I might have a limp for awhile"

Meredith frowns "How long is awhile?"

"She said it could potentially be permanent" Dakota mutters

Alex's face falls "You're kidding"

"Wish I was"

⚕️

The interns were stood at a nurses station. Dakota looked over at Meredith.

"You look awful"

Meredith turned to Dakota and glared at her. The brunette shrugged "just being honest"

"I think this whole dating thing is getting to me. I need to just pick one guy and get it over with" Meredith tells her as Bailey walks up to them

"You alright Dr. Grey?" Bailey asked

Meredith nods "yeah, Dr. Bailey. Just need to make a choice is all"

Derek approaches the three woman "Dr. Grey, I am clipping a basilar tip aneurism. Any interest?"

Dakota scrunches her nose "What about me? I have interest"

Derek looks over at his sister "Have you been cleared for surgery?"

"As a matter of fact, Callie-" Dakotas eyes drift over and her face falls "Oh my god"

Derek furrows his brows and turns to see what she's looking at as Addison approaches.

"Oh my god"

Everyone looks to see none other than Mark Sloan wearing a Seattle Grace coat and shaking Dr. Webbers hand.

"Is that..." George trails off

Cristina nods "McSteamy"

Dakota grimaces at the nickname as Meredith hunches over, throwing up on the floor. Dr. Bailey rushes over to her.

"Grey?"

Dakota looks at her friend in concern before something catches her attention out of the corner of her eye "Wait! Mr. Sullivan don't light that!"

The brunette rushes toward the room as Mr. Sullivan lights a cigarette and his face bursts into flames, Derek pulls Dakota back.

"Somebody get a fire extinguisher!" Derek calls out

"Call a code red!" Dakota shouts

⚕️

Dakota stood with Bailey in the hallway as Mrs. Sullivan comes up to them with a smile on her face "I've finished the paperwork, when can I take my Shawny home?"

Bailey sighs and purses her lips.

"I got it" Dakota tells her resident before looking at Mrs. Sullivan "Could you come with me for a moment?"