07. (Ken's POV)

The sleep interrupted with the sound of an incoming call. He reaches for his phone in the night stand, rubbing his eyes awake. Clearing his throat, he answers the call from his mom.

"Ken?" His mom asks. "Why?" he replies half asleep. "It's already 10 o' clock. Have you guys both awake?" The questions makes him turns to his right side, Justin is still sleeping while hugging the pillows between them. "Oh, we slept in. Justin is still asleep," he says while sitting up. "Ok. Don't forget to eat the breakfast downstairs. We are out shopping for groceries" He hums, getting out of the bed. "Make sure Justin eats the breakfast too. Take care of him, Ken." He ends the call after making sure his mom that he will take the advices.

"Justin, wake up. It's almost lunch," he pulls the pillow Justin is hugging. The guy startled from the action, frowning. "What time is it?"Justin rubs his eyes, sitting up. "10 in the morning. You slept in." Ken grabs his towel and decided to hit the shower before starting his day.

Few minutes after getting himself refreshed, he walks out already dressed in shirt and shorts. "Sorry for waking up late. Put your dirty clothes in the laundry hamper. I'll do the laundry later," Justin says, while doing the bed. The guy has opened the window and curtain, giving natural light to fill the room. He watches as Justin reaches for the vacuum at the corner of the room. "You can have the breakfast first. Mama left some for us. I still need to do some cleaning and chores."

Ken walks out the room, going downstairs to the kitchen. He checks on the dining table, and there is a bowl of sinangag. He grabs two plates, and makes his cup of coffee while waiting for Justin. He doesn't want to but his mom will be mad if he didn't treat Justin like a 'husband'. He doesn't want to get caught and get into nagging session with his mom. Ten minutes later, Justin walks down the stairs freshly in his shirt and shorts, bringing the laundry hamper. Instead of walking to the dining table where Ken is, he turns to the laundry room. Later, the guys goes to the dining table.

"You don't eat yet?" He asks, scooping up some rice into the plate. "Do you want fried egg? " He asks. Ken hums, scrolling down his phone. He ignores all the noises and questions coming from Justin, giving zero attention while focusing more on his work in phone.

"Here it is. Enjoy," Justin places a fried egg on his plate. Ken starts digging in the breakfast. They both eat in silence, something that isn't unusual in their marriage. The beeping sound from the washing machine signalling that the laundry is done. "Do you want me to hang your laundry dry too? The weather is quite nice today, I'm skipping the dryer process," Justin asks, sipping his plain water. "I'll do mine," he answers shortly. Justin nods, before bringing their plates into the sink and do the dishes.

He follows Justin to the laundry room, watching as Justin separates their freshly washed clothes into basket. They heads to the backyard where there is clothing line prepared. In silence, they hangs their laundry to dry.

"It's good to see you both get along well," the calm voice of his mom breaks the silence. He looks over and saw his mom is smiling. "I was about to knock in your door this morning, but I'm afraid if I'm disturbing your privacy. It was tough night, huh?" He ignores the tease, finishing his laundry while side glancing Justin.

Justin is smiling to his mom, changing the topic. "What are we eating for lunch, Mom?" He watches as Justin walks into the house, being the good son-in-law he pretends to be.