𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"We're getting her the best lawyer there is." I said, typing into my computer. Tom groaned, continuing to pace around the office. "Bill, are you crazy? She's getting arrested for the murder, no matter the lawyer or legal team." He sighed, leaning over the desk. His words lingered around my head for a few moments.

"I just wanna try." I mumbled, leaning my head against my hand. He nodded, but still having the same look on his face.

"Hey! What about this one? Best proven lawyer in Tokyo??" Georg yelled from the other side of the room. I shot my head up, instantly running over to him and grabbing the computer.

I hummed, scrolling down to view each and every information detail about her. She's dealed with murders, robberies, and more. Hopefully this works.

"She'll do, send me her number." I declared. Georg nodded, grabbing his phone to go ahead and do as I asked. I walked downstairs. Sophia sat on the couch, her eyes glued to the tv as she ate popcorn, I chuckled, getting my phone from the counter.

Valerias trial is tomorrow, oddly quick, but I requested for it to be as fast as possible.

My hands trembled as I dialed the number, the seconds between each ring feeling like an eternity. My stomach turned as the ringing stopped, meaning someone answered.

"Miss Feng's office, how may I assist you?" the receptionist's voice cut through the heavy silence.

"This is Bill Kaulitz. I need to speak with Miss Feng urgently. It's about Valeria's trial," I managed to say, my lip quivering as I fidgeted with my fingers.

There was a brief pause before someone else took the call. "Bill, hello. This is Miss Feng. How can I assist you?"

"Miss Feng, thank you for taking my call." I began, my voice trembling. "My girlfriend. Valeria, I need a lawyer. She killed those girls on the news. But it's not that simple. She's struggling with schizophrenia, ocd, and borderline personality disorder. I need them to believe she wasn't capable of her actions."

"Bill, mental health is a serious consideration in the eyes of the law," She paused, I huffed, leaning my back against the kitchen island, glancing back to Sophia, her eyes still glued to the tv. "-We can explore an insanity defense, highlighting how her conditions influenced her actions. It's about finding a balance between accountability and recognizing the impact of mental illness." She continued, I let out a breath of relief, throwing my head back slightly.

"Thank you." I muttered, She hummed. "Tomorrow will be tough but you can count on me, best I can promise is she will go to an institution for a few years." She stated. I sighed, fidgeting with my fingers once more.

We said our goodbyes and like that, the call ended.

Worst phone call of my life.