𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It's already been 3 months. 3 agonizing months in this hole, I'm surrounded by people who are even crazier than me and on top I'm forced to take my medication. Bill hasn't even came to visit me a single time.

I sat at the white desk, drawing in my journal, I didn't know what I was exactly drawing. Just something to get my mind off him.

I hummed as I heard faint knocking come from my door. "Come in." I muttered, just loud enough for whoever was on the other side to hear.

A nurse opened the door, bringing in a tray filled with my clothes and other items that need to be taken away. "You have a visitor, come with me." She sighed, waving her hand to the door.

My eyes widened at her words. A visitor?

Two faces lingered around my head before I stood up, following behind in her steps.

She nodded, leading me into the visiting room.

It had floral print chairs, which smelled of mildew, causing me to scrunch my nose.

"Sit here. He'll be here in a moment." She said, pointing to the brown velvet sofa which sat across from another.

So a he? Not Sophia then, interesting.

I looked down at my fingers, picking at the skin around them as the suspense of it killed me. It's definitely Bill and I'm scared to face him with everything in me.

I looked up, hearing a door open.

There he was, his bare face and hair free of products. I gulped, looking up at him as he sat down. His legs were spread wide open, putting his hands together between. He stared at me as I did the same, the silence between us beginning to become unbearable. "Valeria," Bill finally spoke, clearing his throat before he continued. "I can't wrap my head around this. What really made you do it?"

My heart sank as I struggled to find the right words to say. "You don't understand. I thought I was protecting us." I sighed, avoiding eye contact with him.

Bills eyes narrowed, looking me up and down in pure disgust. "Protecting us? You killed them, that's not protecting."

Tears welled up in my eyes, debating if I should fully tell the truth or not.

"I felt like you would leave me, not being on my medication drove me to the point. I'm sorry but I love you." I said, almost sobbing. He shook his head in disbelief.

"Sorry or I love you isn't fixing anything. Tom was right about you." He chuckled, tears began streaming down my face, my head starting to hurt from all the tears.

He stood abruptly, the chair scraping against the cold floor. "I don't wanna see you ever again. You're a maniac."

I wiped my ears as the door closed behind him.

He doesn't wanna see me again but..

What if I broke out.