𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The courtroom lights buzzed, as slight conversations and hushing could be heard from all around me. I fidgeted with my fingers as I waited for my lawyer to speak. 

"Your Honor, my client, Valeria Presley, suffers from schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder," She spoke with a professional tone. "At the time of the murders, she was legally insane, her actions driven by a mind tortured by mental illness."

I stood there, completely frozen. Was it the mental issues? Or just me..? Maybe both.

She continued to speak about each and every small crevice about how I was insane at the time of the murders and on no medication, I mean its true but I was aware of what I was doing. I did it for me and Bills relationship. 

As she argued about it, I couldn't help but turn my head to glance at Bill in the back of the courtroom. His eyes that were once filled with love, completely dark, now being filled with anger and confusion. I felt something spark in me, almost as if I could feel what he felt in the moment. 

The judge cleared his throat, I quickly turned my head back. I looked up at him with almost pleading eyes. He grabbed multiple papers, scanning over them before looking down at me, pushing his glasses down. 

 "Valeria Presley, you are hereby sentenced to eight years in a mental institution for the murders of Yui Lyra and Sally Benford. May this time bring you rehabilitation and healing." He paused. "You may be dismissed." He sighed, standing up and pushing his chair foward. Everyone in the courtroom began to clap, except for Bill and Tom. 

Everyone began fleeing the room, aside from the guards which were gonna be taking me to my new home for the next 8 years. They both came up, one grabbing on my left, the other on my right. I huffed, my head hanging low as I didn't want anyone to see me. 

I will admit, I'm ashamed of my actions. But only for his sake.

"Wait! Can I talk to her in private?" Bill yelled, running up to us with his arm up. I raised my head up, seeing him in his black and grey striped suit, perfectly framing his body. The guards both shrugged, widening their eyes as they let go. They walked away to a different hallway, still having their eyes on us.

I avoided eye contact as it killed me to look into those eyes, the eyes that once loved me as much as I loved them. Bill grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

"I can't believe you." He said, trembling slightly as his eyes began to reflect due to tears welling up. I gulped, feeling a knot form in my throat, keeping me from speaking. "You killed them. Why? Valeria, why?" He cried, leaning down slightly, moving his hands to hold my hands. 

Tears began to stream down my face before I could speak of any words. "I'm sorry.. I-I love you Bill, I did it for us." I stammered, gripping onto his hands, never wanting his touch to leave mine. 

"Sorry isn't gonna do shit. I loved you, do you know how hard it is to believe someone I loved would lie to me, and murder other people I once loved as well? Your fucking insane." He sobbed, slapping my hands down. 

His words lingered around in my head as I tried to think of what made him suddenly act this way... Something clicked in me, making me realize. Tom. He told him. 

I nibbled on my bottom lip, as a way to make me not loose everything to on him. "I stood by you through everything, and this is how you repay me. Seriously?" He said, tears continuing to fall down his face. I shook my head slowly, looking around me to observe my surroundings. 

"I hate you." He muttered, letting go of me, stomping away to Tom, who gave me a stern stare. I sniffled as the guards came up to grab me one again. 

They pulled me away, I watched as Bill and the others walked off with their backs faced towards me. 

Do I regret it?

No, I don't.

I CANT BRO I LOWKEY CRIED WRITING THE LAST PART